Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Adobe not run on any ASUS X299 Motherboard.

Adobe programs like Premiere, After Effects, etc. crash on any X299 motherboard. Only runs if Turbo is disabled in BIOS.

Last BIOS update fix this on Windows 10, but the problem continues in Windows 7. This not occurs on other X299 motherboard brands.

ASUS needs to fix this in order to run Adobe programs in X299 with Windows 7. If not, customers bought another brands that runs.

Migrate or downgrade to Windows 10 is not an option.

Vast mayority of our customer are running Windows 7 as his default OS and don't want, don't like and has no plan to migrate to Windows 10 because of the ads, telemetry, mobile, ugly and unuseable user interface, the lack of options in control panel, the settings disaster, and the unuseable, unconfigurable and no practical "Start Menu".

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

If you have a board there, try disabling mce. Might be a bit too aggressive for your cpu.

New ROGer Array

Continue crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    If you have a board there, try disabling mce. Might be a bit too aggressive for your cpu.
    Disabling mce or MultiCore Enhancement not solve it and Adobe programs continues crashing.

What crashes is Adobe programs, not Windows 7 or blue screens. Adobe crash with module dvaaccelerate.dll in ALL ASUS X299 Motherboards with Windows 7.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

Quote Originally Posted by MANTIS Extreme View Post
    Disabling mce or MultiCore Enhancement not solve it and Adobe programs continues crashing.

What crashes is Adobe programs, not Windows 7 or blue screens. Adobe crash with module dvaaccelerate.dll in ALL ASUS X299 Motherboards with Windows 7.
    its almost 2018 time to update from windows 7 which lacks DX12 and driver support for X299, windows 7 is 8 years old.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by LiveOrDie View Post
    its almost 2018 time to update from windows 7 which lacks DX12 and driver support for X299, windows 7 is 8 years old.
    The are no lack of driver support for X299 in Windows 7. All drivers are published from Intel and ASUS especially designed for Windows 7.

The are very poor support and a very litlle of programs, less than 20, does support DirectX 12. Simply becase Microsoft not develop it to Windows 7 and Windows 8.x developers has no interest about it. Also with Windows 10, DirectX 12 has very little advantage today over Windows 7 and DirectX 11. I don't know any program, except a few games, that uses DirectX 12.

Windows 10 is a mobile, cloud, ads and telemetry operating system with a very, very, very ugly user interface, an unseable "Start Menu", and lack of a big number of options and customizations that Windows 7 and older Windows versions has.

• Lack of important network, ethernet and Wi-Fi options
    • No option to create a Wi-Fi access point.
    • No options to customize desktop, windows borders, color, fonts, icon spacing, and more options.
    • No option to customize "Start Menu", to put files or links to it, to drag and drop, or to simply order All Programs within folders and with my personal order, not alphabetically.
    • Removed options to configure Shadow Copies/Previous Versions.
    • Removed desktop gadgets.
    • Removed control for Windows Update.
    • Installing apps automatically without my consent and my permission.
    • Can't disable Telemetry.
    • Showing ads in Start Menu, Notifications, File Explorer, Lock Screen, etc.
    • Remove important programs and replace with mobile and very limited, slowly and ugly UWP apps, like Calculator, Photo Viewer, Win32 Games, Media Center, Sticky Notes.
    • No option to disable or remove Cortana, only an option to hide.
    • No option to remove Windows Store, Edge, and more unuseable apps.
    • With every update all default settings goes away and all unistalled apps goes installed again.

In Windows 7 the user has the control of the operating system.
    In Windows 10 Microsoft has the control of the operating system allowing to download any personal or confidential file from my computer.

Windows 7 is today, the last Windows Desktop operating system.
    Windows 10 is a mobile/tablet OS the has no sense on a desktop.

Windows 10 is not an option for any serious company today.

This is the reason of why Windows 7 has the more market share today.
    Last edited by MANTIS Extreme; 11-03-2017 at 04:22 PM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

90% of those issues you posted there are invalid, are from windows 8 and not 10, most of those don't apply to 10 at all, desktop gadget i use rainmeter its better and its open source so i can create my own widgets, yes it has apps you can't removed these don't bother me at all, if you don't like MS taking user data there are ways to disable that.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Time to upgrade to Win 10, I think.

ROG Enthusiast Array jasonvp PC Specs
    jasonvp PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 7900X
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK64GX4M8X4200C19 Vengeance LPX 64GB
    Graphics Card #1NVidia Titan X (Pascal)
    Graphics Card #2NVidia Titan X (Pascal)
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorAsus ROG PG27UQ, 2 x LG 4K/60Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung SM951 500GB M.2
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseCaseLabs Magnum THW10
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Unicomp USB Model M
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser HD800
    Mouse Pad People actually still use mousepads?!
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Time to upgrade to Win 10, I think.
    I agree. FWIW, I successfully ran through a known Premiere benchmark tool (twice) on my new R6E board just yesterday without a single hitch. But I'm running on Windows 10. :-) I think our OP needs to get over his disillusions about Win10 and buy a new license.
    System specs: click here.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Ill echo in with the others in that its time to come out of the dark ages and embrace the future.I disagree with most of your bullet points especially with the one about Win 7 having more of the market share. Some benchmark enthusiasts still run it simply because it is stripped down and easier to boot into a less intensive environment and still have things work. I have to run it on my work laptop because the team we have that works on the propritary software for our company are lazy and havent ported the software to work with anything past 7. Took them 4 years to get it past XP. The biggest part of the market are users who run whatever came on the machine they bought. Hardware developers are not creating new hardware and drivers based on an old OS, some new platforms you can even get it to install on due to lack of driver support and most that do there is always a caveat where something will not work or is limited in functionality. Its not adobe or ASUS, its the operating environment and if you want upgrade hardware you will need to upgrade OS as well. Regardless in 2 short years the OS will be put to pasture and no longer support any updates from MS at all, not that new updates are already extremely limited.
    I run Adobe app extensively, pretty much the entire collection in the master suite, without a hiccup on X299 platform with Win10 pro. Does it take some getting used to with the new environment and UI? Well yes, same thing was said about Win 7 from XP and Win 8 from win 7 and we wont even mention the unmentionables like Vista and Millennium edition and from 95 and server 2000 that was the OS of choice for a lot of enthusiast before XP came along. Ive been through every single version starting with windows 1.0, Now that was an ugly UI!!!
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 11-04-2017 at 04:32 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS x99 sabertooth & x299 Rampage VI Apex
    Processori7-5930k & i9-9940x
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3200C14 & Trident-Z 3600C16 both Samsung B-Dies
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti FTW3 water block & Titan Xp copper water block
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Coolerx99 2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads enclosed and filtered on top
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & EVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum & Logitech G710+
    Mouse 2-Red dragon Perdition
    OS Win-7 & win-10 pro on both systems Win-7 everyday os
    Accessory #1 Heatkiller IV Pro plexi/ Copper base on both systems
    Accessory #2 Mayhems Biocide and Inhibitor with distilled water
    Accessory #3 Mayhems 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing

Hi,
    No doubt win-10 has issues and will always have them seeing the large build release practice
    10 Home version one takes the most hits
    All versions Home and Pro do too but Pro has at least the better options in control or at least the illusion of control if you can get by Microsoft wording play

Either way Adobe heck they also have issues and have always had them = horrible support....

Disabling turbo is an automatic if on a x299 series and X series chip set anyway because of heat issues unless one is willing to delid the cpu which voids Intel warranty.

So you already posted the fix so thanks for that information it is a new one to me seeing I love win-7 a lot more than 10
    I don't use any Adobe software my short tour with cc2016 was well short
    I'll never rent an os or a program/ app... in win-10 terms

Win-7 rules or at least till 2020

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast