cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe not run on any ASUS X299 Motherboard.

MANTIS_Extreme
Level 7
Adobe programs like Premiere, After Effects, etc. crash on any X299 motherboard. Only runs if Turbo is disabled in BIOS.

Last BIOS update fix this on Windows 10, but the problem continues in Windows 7. This not occurs on other X299 motherboard brands.

ASUS needs to fix this in order to run Adobe programs in X299 with Windows 7. If not, customers bought another brands that runs.

Migrate or downgrade to Windows 10 is not an option.

Vast mayority of our customer are running Windows 7 as his default OS and don't want, don't like and has no plan to migrate to Windows 10 because of the ads, telemetry, mobile, ugly and unuseable user interface, the lack of options in control panel, the settings disaster, and the unuseable, unconfigurable and no practical "Start Menu".
10 REPLIES 10

Raja
Level 13
If you have a board there, try disabling mce. Might be a bit too aggressive for your cpu.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
If you have a board there, try disabling mce. Might be a bit too aggressive for your cpu.

Disabling mce or MultiCore Enhancement not solve it and Adobe programs continues crashing.

What crashes is Adobe programs, not Windows 7 or blue screens. Adobe crash with module dvaaccelerate.dll in ALL ASUS X299 Motherboards with Windows 7.

MANTIS Extreme wrote:
Disabling mce or MultiCore Enhancement not solve it and Adobe programs continues crashing.

What crashes is Adobe programs, not Windows 7 or blue screens. Adobe crash with module dvaaccelerate.dll in ALL ASUS X299 Motherboards with Windows 7.

its almost 2018 time to update from windows 7 which lacks DX12 and driver support for X299, windows 7 is 8 years old.

LiveOrDie wrote:
its almost 2018 time to update from windows 7 which lacks DX12 and driver support for X299, windows 7 is 8 years old.

The are no lack of driver support for X299 in Windows 7. All drivers are published from Intel and ASUS especially designed for Windows 7.

The are very poor support and a very litlle of programs, less than 20, does support DirectX 12. Simply becase Microsoft not develop it to Windows 7 and Windows 8.x developers has no interest about it. Also with Windows 10, DirectX 12 has very little advantage today over Windows 7 and DirectX 11. I don't know any program, except a few games, that uses DirectX 12.

Windows 10 is a mobile, cloud, ads and telemetry operating system with a very, very, very ugly user interface, an unseable "Start Menu", and lack of a big number of options and customizations that Windows 7 and older Windows versions has.

• Lack of important network, ethernet and Wi-Fi options
  • No option to create a Wi-Fi access point.
  • No options to customize desktop, windows borders, color, fonts, icon spacing, and more options.
  • No option to customize "Start Menu", to put files or links to it, to drag and drop, or to simply order All Programs within folders and with my personal order, not alphabetically.
  • Removed options to configure Shadow Copies/Previous Versions.
  • Removed desktop gadgets.
  • Removed control for Windows Update.
  • Installing apps automatically without my consent and my permission.
  • Can't disable Telemetry.
  • Showing ads in Start Menu, Notifications, File Explorer, Lock Screen, etc.
  • Remove important programs and replace with mobile and very limited, slowly and ugly UWP apps, like Calculator, Photo Viewer, Win32 Games, Media Center, Sticky Notes.
  • No option to disable or remove Cortana, only an option to hide.
  • No option to remove Windows Store, Edge, and more unuseable apps.
  • With every update all default settings goes away and all unistalled apps goes installed again.

In Windows 7 the user has the control of the operating system.
In Windows 10 Microsoft has the control of the operating system allowing to download any personal or confidential file from my computer.

Windows 7 is today, the last Windows Desktop operating system.
Windows 10 is a mobile/tablet OS the has no sense on a desktop.

Windows 10 is not an option for any serious company today.

This is the reason of why Windows 7 has the more market share today.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
90% of those issues you posted there are invalid, are from windows 8 and not 10, most of those don't apply to 10 at all, desktop gadget i use rainmeter its better and its open source so i can create my own widgets, yes it has apps you can't removed these don't bother me at all, if you don't like MS taking user data there are ways to disable that.

Raja
Level 13
Time to upgrade to Win 10, I think. 🙂

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Time to upgrade to Win 10, I think.

I agree. FWIW, I successfully ran through a known Premiere benchmark tool (twice) on my new R6E board just yesterday without a single hitch. But I'm running on Windows 10. 🙂 I think our OP needs to get over his disillusions about Win10 and buy a new license.
System specs: click here.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Ill echo in with the others in that its time to come out of the dark ages and embrace the future.I disagree with most of your bullet points especially with the one about Win 7 having more of the market share. Some benchmark enthusiasts still run it simply because it is stripped down and easier to boot into a less intensive environment and still have things work. I have to run it on my work laptop because the team we have that works on the propritary software for our company are lazy and havent ported the software to work with anything past 7. Took them 4 years to get it past XP. The biggest part of the market are users who run whatever came on the machine they bought. Hardware developers are not creating new hardware and drivers based on an old OS, some new platforms you can even get it to install on due to lack of driver support and most that do there is always a caveat where something will not work or is limited in functionality. Its not adobe or ASUS, its the operating environment and if you want upgrade hardware you will need to upgrade OS as well. Regardless in 2 short years the OS will be put to pasture and no longer support any updates from MS at all, not that new updates are already extremely limited.
I run Adobe app extensively, pretty much the entire collection in the master suite, without a hiccup on X299 platform with Win10 pro. Does it take some getting used to with the new environment and UI? Well yes, same thing was said about Win 7 from XP and Win 8 from win 7 and we wont even mention the unmentionables like Vista and Millennium edition and from 95 and server 2000 that was the OS of choice for a lot of enthusiast before XP came along. Ive been through every single version starting with windows 1.0, Now that was an ugly UI!!!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Hi,
No doubt win-10 has issues and will always have them seeing the large build release practice
10 Home version one takes the most hits
All versions Home and Pro do too but Pro has at least the better options in control or at least the illusion of control if you can get by Microsoft wording play 🙂

Either way Adobe heck they also have issues and have always had them = horrible support....

Disabling turbo is an automatic if on a x299 series and X series chip set anyway because of heat issues unless one is willing to delid the cpu which voids Intel warranty.

So you already posted the fix so thanks for that information it is a new one to me seeing I love win-7 a lot more than 10 🙂
I don't use any Adobe software my short tour with cc2016 was well short
I'll never rent an os or a program/ app... in win-10 terms 😄

Win-7 rules or at least till 2020 😉
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]