cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero (WiFi) - voltage readings HALF of what they should be

FunkyDoggo
Level 7
Hi,

I've noticed that with CPU-Z etc on the WiFi version of the board that the VCORE readings are exactly half of what they should be reading. For example if I set 1.28 in the UEFI and an LLC of 6, which gives me a solid 1.28, CPU-Z is reading 0.64 and the same with some other applications. Yet Asus AI Suite reads it correctly. Speaking to others with the WiFi and the Non-WiFi board, this issue seems specific to only the WiFi model. What's the dealio?
6 REPLIES 6

erocker
Level 7
Does it happen while the CPU is under load? Does this just happen with the CPU VCORE?

erocker wrote:
Does it happen while the CPU is under load? Does this just happen with the CPU VCORE?

It's the same idle and under full load. It happens 100% of the time. I'm using manual voltage so my voltage never changes. I haven't been monitoring other voltages so couldn't say at the moment. And like I said Asus's own AI Suite displays the correct vcore, so I know the board is supplying the correct vcore. It would just be nice to figure out why other apps can't read it correctly.

I noticed this as well. Confused the hell out of me for quite a while! HWInfo64 is also reading the correct vcore values.

daddyd302
Level 7
Same here. I got mine at 1.3V and it shows 0.64V as well in cpu-z. I have the wi-fi version as well. Maybe it's a bug in cpu-z?
Main
**Intel 8700K @ 5Ghz**Asus Maximus 10 Wi-Fi ** EVGA 1080ti SC2 SLI**SoundblasterX AE-5**G. Skills Trident RGB 16G**Crucial MX300 1TB**Seagate Barracuda Pro 8TB**Thermaltake View 71**EVGA 1000 P2**Sony 900E**Corsair K95 RGB**Logitech G903**
Backup
**Intel 6850K @ 4.4Ghz**Asus Rampage V 10**Asus Strix 1080 SLI**Soundblaster Z**Corsair Vengeance LED 32G**Crucial Mx300 1TB**Seagate Barracuda 8TB**Corsair 570X**Corsair H100i**Corsair HX 1000i**Sony 800E**Corsair K70 RGB**Logitech G900**

Menthol
Level 14
I don't know why but this is how it is reporting on the MX Hero Wifi, and also on the RVI Apex with Kabykale CPU. Aida64 seems to read it correctly

erocker
Level 7
JCPU-Z isn't reading correctly and showing idle/low volts. The 2nd CPU Vcore reading (not VID) in AIDA 64 will give your voltage at load.