cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please - Cold Boot, Bios 1701, CH6 Hero - Gskill Trident F4-3200C14D-16GTZ

Boscar
Level 7
Trying to run memory at 3200, it will set in Extreme tweeker at 3200 but I get the cold boot issue, start,reset,start,reset,boot to windows. Windows appears to be stable even during gaming, would be nice to have some bios setting or info to cure this, Its not a major problem just annoying.

Huge thanks for any help.

New to playing around with memory timings etc to get my pc running normally lol

Ryzen 1700 - (No OC)
Crosshair Hero 6
Gskill Trident F4-3200C14D-16GTZ

Don't you just find it funny that when the prepurchase game sales started game had more bug etc in them than ever before, and required lots of patching. And now that theme is appearing on motherboards to just with out the prepurchase. lol
11 REPLIES 11

BlackBishop
Level 8
Did you load Stilt's 3200 profile built in BIOS or just set 3200 and nothing more?

Did you load Stilt's 3200 profile built in BIOS ?

Not sure what that is, yeah just set to 3200. always worked before

I'm talking about this:
extreme tweaker -> dram timing control -> memory presets

Cold boots will happen from time to time even with some settings that works for week or more - it just happened to me today.

I Selected my memory speed using the AI Overclock Tuner. And that also set my memory Frequency to 3200.

I get the cold boot everytime I boot my pc from cold start. Once its up and running it is fine and restarts fine.

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
Disable ERP, and increase the fail count in AMD CBS to 4.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
Disable ERP, and increase the fail count in AMD CBS to 4.

Hi m8, done what you said and it has stopped the pc reseting twice during post. It now only resets once during post then boots. So a bit less annoying lol

Boscar wrote:
Hi m8, done what you said and it has stopped the pc reseting twice during post. It now only resets once during post then boots. So a bit less annoying lol

Yeah, mine still resets sometimes, but it has been behaving itself recently. It might well be ram tweaking issues. Looks like the ram you have is samsung b die, so try follow this guide to setup 3200MHz.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93722-Flare-X-3200MHZ-16GB-2x8-F4-3200C14D-16GFX-Performan...

Most of the screenshots are for 3466, but make the necessary changes: ram multiplier and voltage. That may help a bit. Also set VTTDDR to 1/2 the dram voltage and make sure to set the dram boot voltage to the same as ram voltage.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
Yeah, mine still resets sometimes, but it has been behaving itself recently. It might well be ram tweaking issues. Looks like the ram you have is samsung b die, so try follow this guide to setup 3200MHz.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93722-Flare-X-3200MHZ-16GB-2x8-F4-3200C14D-16GFX-Performan...

Most of the screenshots are for 3466, but make the necessary changes: ram multiplier and voltage. That may help a bit. Also set VTTDDR to 1/2 the dram voltage and make sure to set the dram boot voltage to the same as ram voltage.

Ok m8, will give that a go once I have a moment and let you know the out come. Huge thx for your help