cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking good replacement for Intel AC-8260 wifi/bluetooth card on GL502VM

adelwich
Level 7
I have determined that the Intel AC-8260 wifi/bluetooth card in my GL502 VM is defective.

I'm not the first person to encounter this problem. In December 2016, Shadowdane reported that he was also having problems with the card. He did further research and found that users of other laptop brands were also having issues with the card.

Rather than sending the machine back to ASUS, I'd like to make the repair myself. Can anyone recommend a good replacement for the Intel AC-8260 in this system? I only have two requirements: 1) the card should work, and 2) the card needs to fit inside my unit.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

satria_wr
Level 7
adelwich wrote:
I have determined that the Intel AC-8260 wifi/bluetooth card in my GL502 VM is defective.

I'm not the first person to encounter this problem. In December 2016, Shadowdane reported that he was also having problems with the card. He did further research and found that users of other laptop brands were also having issues with the card.

Rather than sending the machine back to ASUS, I'd like to make the repair myself. Can anyone recommend a good replacement for the Intel AC-8260 in this system? I only have two requirements: 1) the card should work, and 2) the card needs to fit inside my unit.

Thanks!

I own GL553VD, i just replace my wifi card from AC-7265 to AC-18265NGW. Works well 😄