cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird startup with R6E

dirray
Level 7
Hi,

As from the first time I powered up my R6E, the PC starts up for 0.5 sec, then powers off again, and after another second re-powers up to continue.
After that, everythin gruns fine.

I've already exchanged my power supply, but without change.

Have others seen this effect? If yes, any clue what could be the reason?

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

haihane
Level 13
i remembered this post, when i saw your question: --> Click Me <---

maybe it's the same reason.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
i remembered this post, when i saw your question: --> Click Me <---

maybe it's the same reason.

Not sure it's the same; it happens right after I push the power button.

Praz
Level 13
Hewllo

Don't turn off the power supply or disconnect power from the wall.

Praz wrote:
Hewllo

Don't turn off the power supply or disconnect power from the wall.

I don't do that; mains power remains on.

Hopper64
Level 15
Post #3 here:

*https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97125-Corsair-CMD32GX4M4B3600C16-with-R6E
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
Post #3 here:

*https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97125-Corsair-CMD32GX4M4B3600C16-with-R6E

Thanks Hopper64!

Is there something I can do about it?

Hopper64
Level 15
Doubt it. Both Shamino and Praz are gurus around here. They didn’t recommend anything else so that’s probably the way it is. A bios update later may change things though.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
Check your BIOS settings. gimme a minute be right back with a screen shot.

Im back, check the boot settings, this in particular althogh on second thought this is most likely not your problem.
Is your board still lit up when you power down? Are the white lights on your Graphics card near the connector lit when its powered down?

Only things that can cause this is loss of power while shutdown, bad ATX cable or not properly seated, bad PSU, bad MOBO.
What you are experiencing is the board initializing as it does after it loses the 5V standby. It powers up briefly, then shuts down, then right back up and an extended post time while its checking for and initializing what hardware is connected. It remembers it so long as the 5V standby doesn't disappear.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Shamino
Erp is changed?