Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

1) I dont think thats a good way to reproduce an issue. Clicking mute while the sound should be playing isn't a good way of gauging a problem, so I'lll keep that one off the table.

2) I will ask about the default amplification level and why it's not holding a value.

ROG Member Array

Had an MSI board before the Z370-F and there the amplification setting didn't stick either. Gotta assume it's a bug Realtek has to fix.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Sounds like the issue occurs after the system resumes from sleep/hibernation. If you disable these, does it still occur? Need to test a complete power off versus a hibernation mode. It's either that or some files are being updated post install that require a reBOOT before they are operational.
    Changing these features do not seem to make much of a difference.
    In regards to specs my CPU is a i5 8600k, motherboard is Z370-I, RAM is 3200mhz Corsair Dominator LP, PSU is a Seasonic 650w Platinum rated PSU, case is Silverstone RVZ03, cooler is Cryorig C1, headphones are Boise Quiet Comfort 35, and GPU is EVGA GTX 1080ti SC

Maybe it is just placebo effect, but I feel like setting ASUS BIOS overclock settings to auto (though keeping manual Vcore and manual RAM speed settings), the issue seems to have been GREATLY improved, though only time will tell. I ordered an external DAC in the mean time. Don't want to have to deal with an RMA if I can avoid it.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by SherardG View Post
    Hello all,

I've plugged in my headphones on front panel, and modified realtek HD Audio manager to the following settings:

Attachment 68916

Popping sound is gone, during games etc. Have tested multiple reboots, full system cycles, shut down, switch on, hibernate, sleep. Multiple scenarios running WATCH_DOGS, WATCH_DOGS 2, PUBG, CS:GO, DotA2. Listening to youtube on Firefox, Chrome;

Popping is not that bad anymore. Still there, but not as pronounced as before. Now I am dealing with front mic input, which is too sensitive (people on VoIP, TS / Discord, are able to hear themselves. In rear jack, this was not the case.)

Hope this helps alleviate some symptoms.
    How do you bring up that window? I have the Sonic Studio III software open but do not see an "options page".

EDIT: Figured it out. That fix seems to have alleviated it SLIGHTLY, but that may just be placebo effect. I recently also changed my BIOS settings to "auto" rather than XMP or manual for overclocking (though keeping the manual Vcore and RAM speed). This seemed to also help a bit, but that too may just be the placebo effect.
    Last edited by xxvolwarexx; 11-15-2017 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Needed more info

I've reported this back and linked the product managers to the thread. Let's see what becometh.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array SherardG PC Specs
    SherardG PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752 & ASUS ROG G55VW
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)32 GB [G.Skill TZRGB] F4-3200C32Q-8GTZR x 4
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG PG248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO MZ-V6P512 (512 GB)
    Storage #2WD2003FZEX
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT Noctis 450 ROG
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME 80+ Ti 750 SSR-750TD
    Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2 Black
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Windows 10 10.0.16299
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

Quote Originally Posted by xxvolwarexx View Post
    How do you bring up that window? I have the Sonic Studio III software open but do not see an "options page".

EDIT: Figured it out. That fix seems to have alleviated it SLIGHTLY, but that may just be placebo effect. I recently also changed my BIOS settings to "auto" rather than XMP or manual for overclocking (though keeping the manual Vcore and RAM speed). This seemed to also help a bit, but that too may just be the placebo effect.
    Like what you said, it alleviates the symptoms slightly. Once I load a steam game after restart it's back to the drawing board

New ROGer Array

Hello everyone. I have the same problem, tried almost everything that is mentioned in this thread. Crackling only stops when I restart pc. Once I shut it down and then turn back on, cracklings are coming back. Been looking for solution over two weeks, without success. Did any one of you guys fixed it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsonist View Post
    Hello everyone. I have the same problem, tried almost everything that is mentioned in this thread. Crackling only stops when I restart pc. Once I shut it down and then turn back on, cracklings are coming back. Been looking for solution over two weeks, without success. Did any one of you guys fixed it yet?
    Read post 45, which is only a post away from yours.

New ROGer Array

Same issue

I have the same issue. At first I thought it was hardware because my whole rig is new and thought I had faulty speakers. However, the popping also occurs when using headset, so that rules it out.

I've reverted back to an earlier Nvidia driver which temporarily fixed the issue, however, it has come back.

I've downloaded latest audio drivers from ASUS website, also temporarily fixed the issue, but not permanently.

I know this subject has been passed on to product managers, but just want to add my 2 cents.

Hope issue is resolved soon!

New ROGer Array SpaceNoodles PC Specs
    SpaceNoodles PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Prime A Z370
    ProcessorIntel 8700
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro

Adding my experience

I wanted to throw my hat into the ring. I am experiencing the exact same behavior but I am using the ASUS Prime z370 A. Occurs with both headphones and 5.1 surround speakers. Happens on both front-of-case audio jack and when plugging directly into the motherboard. When I reinstall the latest Realtek drivers it seems to alleviate the issue until a restart or hibernate happens. Then the problem reappears. It is very pronounced during things like the airplane in PUBG. (Consistent, loud sound?) Happens at all volume levels. Popping happens every 0.5 - 1 seconds.

Hoping we can find a solution! I have resorted to looking for an external USB sound card as an alternative because I'd really rather not rip my whole build apart and use a different motherboard. A real shame when the audio is supposed to be very good on these modern boards.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast