Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lylat97 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I imagine it must just be some sort of minor funkiness with my particular board, then.

So a USB audio card does seem to bypass the problem, then? Interesting. If nothing else I suppose I could try picking up one of those for the time being.

I agree though, it really doesn't seem like Realtek is to blame for this one. I'm not gonna attempt to claim that I'm expert when it comes to these sorts of things or anything, but I did try testing using both Realtek and Windows default audio drivers and the crackling after sleep issue was present both times. Could be different for other folks with different boards, though.
    ya it did in my case I was using sennheiser gsx-1000. But I got rid of it since I felt the asus onboard sounded way better.

add this to the list of threads on this issue http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id...crackling.html

Definitely a windows and nvidia problem.

ROG Member Array

i have the same problem with my Maximus Hero VIII, its very faint but noticable. happens mostly in windows sounds

ROG Member Array

If anyone knows a fix please share, I've tried reinstalling and reseating everything, Resetting CMOS. I also have a soundblaster z but get EMI from my graphics card when i use it so...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Carlyle2020 PC Specs
    Carlyle2020 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI APEX
    Processorgaming9900ks@5.2/avx 0/ adaptive vcore / 1.35+0.020 offs/LLC5/ac ll 0.01/TVB off/power saving on
    Memory (part number)Gskill 4400 CL16 /65k r /65k w / 60k c
    Graphics Card #13080 ftw ultra /pads on backplate
    Sound CardXonar STXII mods:3xLME 49720NA
    MonitorLG 38GL950G / -HDR / +madVR
    Storage #12TB 970evo plus nvme
    Storage #21TB 960evo nvme +2x 1tb evo 860 hw-sata-raid
    CPU Coolerarctic freezer II 280
    CaseUnique Silverstone FT2 dampened up the wazoo V2.0
    Power SupplySeasonic TX-850
    Keyboard Cherry KC 1000 on top of a cherry MX1 for ergonomics :)
    Mouse MX Master 3
    Headset Sennheiser PC360 + Philips X2HR
    Headset/Speakers A250 / cause LG was stingy
    OS Win 10 64bit
    Network Routeryeah right...
    Accessory #1 Silverstone EBA01 headphone stand / black
    Accessory #2 radio Keyfob to turn on and off
    Accessory #3 4 bay fantec /10tb red/+scrap

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzo1337 View Post
    If anyone knows a fix please share, I've tried reinstalling and reseating everything, Resetting CMOS. I also have a soundblaster z but get EMI from my graphics card when i use it so...
    Hi there,

your soundcard is shielded.... Shouldn't crackle and pop because of the graphipcs card.
    I have a simliar setup and no EMi whatsoever:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180415_202457 (002).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	137.6 KB 
ID:	72947

I only have a 1050ti though....
    AND Spread spectrum enabled ! That is what you could try.

Rgds
    Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by kuzzo1337 View Post
    as the asus guy said the fix is to disable and enable the graphics card in device manager. Also turn off fast startup in windows and bios. I just wish nvida, windows, or asus bios would fix w/e its doing automatically. Because its a hassle and realtek has nothing to do with it.

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by richac View Post
    as the asus guy said the fix is to disable and enable the graphics card in device manager. Also turn off fast startup in windows and bios. I just wish nvida, windows, or asus bios would fix w/e its doing automatically. Because its a hassle and realtek has nothing to do with it.
    I understand how fast startup in windows can affect this (this Windows feature has been a cause to many issues all the way back to Sandy Bridge) but what does fast startup in the BIOS do and how is it related to this issue?

New ROGer Array

I uninstalled Realtek Driver and bought one of these and plugged it in the front tower usb slot for my Bluetooth Sony WH1000MX2.
    Now my audio plays normally...no cracking nor popping.
    I'm still very pissed about this motherboard, but this is a fix for me for now
    https://www.amazon.com/Insignia-Blue...h+usb+insignia

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I understand how fast startup in windows can affect this (this Windows feature has been a cause to many issues all the way back to Sandy Bridge) but what does fast startup in the BIOS do and how is it related to this issue?
    just seems like common sense to also disable it in bios. Same thing when setting pc to high performance you would also disable cstates in bios not just in windows to make sure its fully disabled.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by richac View Post
    I think you mean you disabled fast boot? That will fix the issue people have when turning on the machine. But the issue comes back if using sleep mode. restarting will fix it since that is not affected by fast boot, and disabling enabling the gpu card in device manager seem to be the only solutions.
    Maybe my problem is different than yours.
    strangely csm fix it for me. google evga 1080 ftw csm.
    so far either I use another monitor or enable csm.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast