Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bass junkie xl View Post
    ASUS Z370 X HERO here .

crackling audio from front panel on windows 7 , windows 8.1 , win 10 1607,1704,1709,1803 all crackle and diffrent drivers same thing .

rear panel out put is 25 % un balanced sound across ( all ) operating systems tried diffrent speakers cables as well .

fast start up off , sleep off , hybrid sleep off on all tests .

rear panel only and have to balance to right side louder by 25 % evry reboot . starting to get old
    Thank you very much for the detailed reply. Based on what you've said it makes me wonder if the cause of this might be more on the Nvidia side of things. I might try to do some testing with older Nividia drivers and see if I can come up with anything. (It's just a shame that Win10 automatically force-installs newer drivers as soon as you reboot).

That aside, the next creator's update is right around the corner and I'm hopeful that it might introduce some sort of change that could fix the issue from microsoft's end.

I believe you mentioned in an earlier post that you had a gigabyte board at one point before the Hero X. Did you experience any sort of audio crackling back then? For me, the issues didn't begin until I installed my current board. (At least as far as I'm aware).

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lylat97 View Post
    Hey, folks. I'm on a Prime Z270-A and I experience the same audio crackling after resuming from sleep as described by everyone else here. Since this appears to be some sort of strange interaction between Microsoft and Nvidia, I was wondering - is this issue exclusive to windows 10, or is it present in windows 7 as well?

Also, for anyone here who happens to use HWmonitor or any other sort of sensor-reading software: Do your readings get messed up after resuming from sleep? I normally have around, let's say 20 different sensors displayed when I launch HWmonitor. After resuming from sleep, however, I'll have almost double that amount of various readings listed and they're all just repeating the same values. I haven't seen anyone else mention this yet so I imagine it's likely unrelated to the audio issue, but I figured I would ask.
    no I use Argus monitor. its pretty lightweight program with nice overtime graphs and doesn't affect anything and is not affected by sleep. and I run cpu-z to check ram timings and such. https://www.argotronic.com/en/

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. Based on what you've said it makes me wonder if the cause of this might be more on the Nvidia side of things. I might try to do some testing with older Nividia drivers and see if I can come up with anything. (It's just a shame that Win10 automatically force-installs newer drivers as soon as you reboot).

That aside, the next creator's update is right around the corner and I'm hopeful that it might introduce some sort of change that could fix the issue from microsoft's end.

I believe you mentioned in an earlier post that you had a gigabyte board at one point before the Hero X. Did you experience any sort of audio crackling back then? For me, the issues didn't begin until I installed my current board. (At least as far as I'm aware).
    I only experienced the issue after getting rid of a usb audio card and starting using the onboard audio. I'm sure the problem was there the whole time I owned the board I just didn't realize the first 3 months.

I also bought a new monitor at the same time a dell s2716DG 1440p g-sync monitor. And this is what caused notice of the vga_led staying lit on board after resume. I still wonder if it has something to do with using display port. I was blaming my monitors hdmi audio devices, blaming nvidias audio devices. But I've permanently disabled them all in device manager.

I think its a combination of the asus board/bios and Nvidia drivers and MS too. I'm not sure realtek even has anything to do with it anymore.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by richac View Post
    no I use Argus monitor. its pretty lightweight program with nice overtime graphs and doesn't affect anything and is not affected by sleep. and I run cpu-z to check ram timings and such. https://www.argotronic.com/en/
    Thanks for the feedback. I imagine it must just be some sort of minor funkiness with my particular board, then.

I only experienced the issue after getting rid of a usb audio card and starting using the onboard audio. I'm sure the problem was there the whole time I owned the board I just didn't realize the first 3 months.

I also bought a new monitor at the same time a dell s2716DG 1440p g-sync monitor. And this is what caused notice of the vga_led staying lit on board after resume. I still wonder if it has something to do with using display port. I was blaming my monitors hdmi audio devices, blaming nvidias audio devices. But I've permanently disabled them all in device manager.

I think its a combination of the asus board/bios and Nvidia drivers and MS too. I'm not sure realtek even has anything to do with it anymore.
    So a USB audio card does seem to bypass the problem, then? Interesting. If nothing else I suppose I could try picking up one of those for the time being.

I agree though, it really doesn't seem like Realtek is to blame for this one. I'm not gonna attempt to claim that I'm expert when it comes to these sorts of things or anything, but I did try testing using both Realtek and Windows default audio drivers and the crackling after sleep issue was present both times. Could be different for other folks with different boards, though.
    Last edited by Lylat97; 04-11-2018 at 01:11 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Deepcuts PC Specs
    Deepcuts PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X HERO BIOS 1901
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K @ 4.7Ghz 1.215V
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M4C3466C16 @ 3200Mhz 1.360V
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB
    Sound CardCreative Omni 5.1 USB
    MonitorDell 24' S2417DG
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 960 nvme 500 GB
    Storage #2Seagate NAS 8TBx2
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi760
    Keyboard Razer DeathStalker Chroma
    Mouse Razer Abyssus
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterMikrotik

Just like the microphone levels on VI HERO, where Asus never accepted responsibility and never fixed it, my money is mostly on Asus here also.
    Good thing I have a USB soundcard so I don't have to use the "audiophile" grade one from Asus

I know I am a bit bitter, but I am sick and tired of false marketing and overpricing of "gaming" parts.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array bass junkie xl PC Specs
    bass junkie xl PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog XI Code Z-390 -Bios -1502
    Processori9-9900-Ks @ 5.3/4.9 Cache @ 1.32v
    Memory (part number)32 GB ( 8 GB x 4 ) Team Group X @ 4133 mhz cl-17-17-17-34 @ 1.45v / vccio = 1.25v/ vcssa = 1.25 v
    Graphics Card #1RTX 3080 EVGA XC3 Ultra
    Sound CardMotherboard Realtec , Driver 87.46
    MonitorAsus PG279Q , 27 inch 165 HZ , 1440p G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 evo 1 TB x 2 m.2 nvme ssd
    Storage #2Samsung 970 evo + 500 GB (OS ) m.2 nvme ssd
    CPU CoolerDeep Cool Gamermaxx 360mm v2 / Kraken G12 s36 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 full Glass
    Power SupplyEvga 1000w Platnuim
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platnuim RGB
    Mouse Corsair Night Sword RGB
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheeth Large
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX 5.1
    OS Windows 10-1909 x64 Pro

yeah i had a gigabyte z270 gaming k 5 with a 7700k it had built in realtec / extreme fi never had a issue on it front or rear panel just the same issue asus has with the amplify level reset .

good news is my rear panel doesnt crackle it just has unblanced sound by 25 % and lacks in audio quality flat sound , no punchy lows or crisp highs unfortunately my razer kraken 7.1 usb head set which is okay when you boost the 2 khz - 16 khz + 8 db beats the asus x hero sound quality even after boosting the 2 khz , 4khz ,8 khz , 16 khz .

lets hope it gets fixed sound quality being low isnt as big of a deal as audio crackling just want it to work lol

New ROGer Array

Hey, I'm running a system with a Z170-A and W10 and have this exact issue as well (waking computer to popping sounds in media games,etc). Cold boot and toggling Nvidia on/off seems to fix the issue. This is definitely widespread across Asus mobos.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I fixed it by enabling CSM for vga_led staying lit.
    slightly longer boot but no more vga_led staying lit after resume or reboot.
    luckily I don't have audio pop, only unbalanced.

latest audio drivers released this week didn't fix the issue. Still think its an nvidia drvier, or windows/bios problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cyanid View Post
    I fixed it by enabling CSM for vga_led staying lit.
    slightly longer boot but no more vga_led staying lit after resume or reboot.
    luckily I don't have audio pop, only unbalanced.
    I think you mean you disabled fast boot? That will fix the issue people have when turning on the machine. But the issue comes back if using sleep mode. restarting will fix it since that is not affected by fast boot, and disabling enabling the gpu card in device manager seem to be the only solutions.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast