Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

RUSSO Oliprov

I can replicate it every time on my z370-F 100% of the time. Should I make you a video of it?

I do not install anything extra what so ever that I do not need on my PC. No Afterburner or any extras that ASUS includes. I also do not have sound drivers either as I use a DAC.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Can anyone experiencing this please state which Windows 10 build they're on? Just wondering if there's a distinction from users on Insider Builds, and those not.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array SherardG PC Specs
    SherardG PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752 & ASUS ROG G55VW
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)32 GB [G.Skill TZRGB] F4-3200C32Q-8GTZR x 4
    Graphics Card #1ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING
    MonitorASUS ROG PG248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO MZ-V6P512 (512 GB)
    Storage #2WD2003FZEX
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseNZXT Noctis 450 ROG
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME 80+ Ti 750 SSR-750TD
    Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2 Black
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    OS Windows 10 10.0.16299
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post
    Can anyone experiencing this please state which Windows 10 build they're on? Just wondering if there's a distinction from users on Insider Builds, and those not.
    Hey buddy,

Mine's running Windows 10 Pro x64 - Build 15063

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post
    1709 (16299.19)

The very lastest non-insider version.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioL View Post
    I also face this crackling/popping audio issue with my Z370-F Strix.
    Yesterday, I tried a lot of things:
    - turn off all Asus related sound apps + all apps and background processes that are not strictly required
    - tweak every available setting related to sound I could think of
    - uninstall Realtek driver to switch to windows default driver
    - disable ASIO (which is not uninstalled when you uninstall Realtek driver)
    - test under W10 and W7
    - plug the speakers to rear panel and to front jack
    - check that DPC latency was right

Nothing worked, there always was the crackling now and then, when strating playing a sound, when several audio streams are played at the same time, when changing time cursor in any media player (WMP, mpc-hc, mpv, Firefox integrated....), and also with some games that ran fine on my previous config. Playing an unique sound file without interfering with the process dit not suffer from crackling.

I am afraid the problem is not driver related. Maybe a bios/firmware could fix it, I have no idea. Anyway, I find that sound was better on my previous motherboard (GA-X58A-UD3R), it was more natural and smoother.

I am in the same shoes. I have the Z370-I motherboard. If you reinstall the audio drivers, it runs FLAWLESSLY. However, if you reboot your system, the issue returns. Again reinstalling the audio drivers fixes the issue but then once you turn it off.... Same issue.
    That being said, if it DOES work after a clean driver install, I imagine that it would HAVE to be a driver/software issue. Wouldn't a hardware issue be constant/unable to be repaired by a reboot and driver reinstall?

New ROGer Array

Issue

I too have this issue I have a test for people.. try putting your volume to zero within windows you hear the pop once windows mute almost as if it has something to do with the amp function or how software handles audio because when you mute it makes that pop sound I hear when gaming or listening to spotify. I noticed it seems to get "unhappy" when dealing with stuff loading into ram like video games and opening applications but not totally sure just yet. It happens on both front and back IO so this leads me to believe its software no hardware. At least for me the pop really focused on the left side of my Sennheiser HD 558 SE's can anyone else support what I said?

Board Z370 Strix E and I downloaded all motherboard drivers 2 days from ROG site and running bios 430 so pretty sure they are still new.
    Last edited by Foxum; 11-13-2017 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Added soome stuff and spelling

Quote Originally Posted by xxvolwarexx View Post
    I am in the same shoes. I have the Z370-I motherboard. If you reinstall the audio drivers, it runs FLAWLESSLY. However, if you reboot your system, the issue returns. Again reinstalling the audio drivers fixes the issue but then once you turn it off.... Same issue.
    That being said, if it DOES work after a clean driver install, I imagine that it would HAVE to be a driver/software issue. Wouldn't a hardware issue be constant/unable to be repaired by a reboot and driver reinstall?
    The fact that the problem occurs with both generic and Realtek drivers seems to indicate that it is not driver related. But if you noticed that the audio popping went after a clean driver install (which is not what I saw on my PC) and came back after boot, it may means that something wrong occurs during POST. Asus motherboards include a mechanism for detecting the impedance of speakers or audiosets (SenseAmp). Under the control panel, you can set the amplification level, but after each reboot, it is reinitialised to what the motherboard thinks to be right, in most cases extreme when the speakers or the audioset include their own amp. This behavior does not make sense, but unfortunately, Asus does not give the possibility to unable this automatic detection. I have the feeling that with amplification level set to lower values, audio quality improves, and popping strength decreases, but it is fastidious to set it again each time.
    I am not positive at all, but except a faulty hardware conception, that could be another possible explanation.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xxvolwarexx View Post

Sounds like the issue occurs after the system resumes from sleep/hibernation. If you disable these, does it still occur? Need to test a complete power off versus a hibernation mode. It's either that or some files are being updated post install that require a reBOOT before they are operational.

HALLGronch

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    The user from the other thread claimed it was his graphics card utilities. Either way, you'll need to provide very in-depth info in order to stand a chance of someone in support replicating this.
    Thanks for the tip, but as you can read from different posts, the problem is present even without any additional software or utilities. I remember noticing it just after fresh Windows 10 installation, when changing volume level.
    With all these reports, and indications about when the audio popping/crackling is prone to occur, could you, please, take the issue into account, and seek support from Asus technical services ?
    Everything works fine on these new Z370 motherboards (or can be remediated as high voltages), so it is a pity that this dysfunction spoils the enjoyment of the hardware.

13500Obsidian

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Sounds like the issue occurs after the system resumes from sleep/hibernation. If you disable these, does it still occur? Need to test a complete power off versus a hibernation mode. It's either that or some files are being updated post install that require a reBOOT before they are operational.
    Hibernation is disabled on my PC, and the issue occurs weither I just restart, shut off and on, or shut off / unplug / plug / shut on the machine.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast