Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array ExcessiveGBH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dashwood View Post
    GPU1 by itself posts normally.

Ok then...so now you have proved that MB & single video card are working correctly.
    Did you try the other card as a single also?
    Have you plugged in all the power cables for the mother board? There’s one down the bottom EZ_Plug, page 1.23
    I see you’re using Win 10 but what version? (Insider builds can have issues)
    Check the PCi contacts on the second card.
    Install the second card in PCi slot 3 with the HB SLI bridge. Then retry.
    Sometimes just reseating can fix issues.
    Other things to try. (it’s a pain in the arse)
    Swap cards around, just take note of which power connectors you are using from the PSU and also swap them around to just to eliminate voltage issue from the PSU.
    Try another PCi slot, will require different size SLi bridge or use two of those flexible ribbons SLi straps (can use one strap also but want to keep continuity in your set up) Just to eliminate PCi 3 slot.
    Try just one SLi strap instead of the HB bridge.
    Check BIOS for each video card.
    Have you access to a friend’s PC to try your cards in theirs and vice versa.
    System specs
    Win 10 64 bit Pro 20H2
    Rampage VI Extreme
    BIOS 3403
    I9 10920 @5.0GHz all cores
    EK-KIT G360 (CPU only)
    Samsung 960 PRO M.2 NVMe 1TB
    Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PLUS NVMe 2TB
    ADATA XPG S40G RGB M.2 NVMe 4TB
    1 Samsung SSD 4TB EVO
    1 x 10TB drive
    1 x 4TB drive
    1 x 2TB drive
    ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB @2010MHz
    32GB G Skill Trident Z 3466MHz 15-17-17-37
    Corsair 1200w psu
    Sound Denon AVC-A1
    Panasonic 65 plasma
    Predator XB321HK

New ROGer Array Dashwood PC Specs
    Dashwood PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorCore I9 7900x
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q2128GTZSW
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080ti EVGA Founders
    Graphics Card #2GTX 1080ti EVGA Founders
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO 2TB
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850x
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by ExcessiveGBH View Post
    Ok then...so now you have proved that MB & single video card are working correctly.
    Did you try the other card as a single also?
    Have you plugged in all the power cables for the mother board? There’s one down the bottom EZ_Plug, page 1.23
    I see you’re using Win 10 but what version? (Insider builds can have issues)
    Check the PCi contacts on the second card.
    Install the second card in PCi slot 3 with the HB SLI bridge. Then retry.
    Sometimes just reseating can fix issues.
    Other things to try. (it’s a pain in the arse)
    Swap cards around, just take note of which power connectors you are using from the PSU and also swap them around to just to eliminate voltage issue from the PSU.
    Try another PCi slot, will require different size SLi bridge or use two of those flexible ribbons SLi straps (can use one strap also but want to keep continuity in your set up) Just to eliminate PCi 3 slot.
    Try just one SLi strap instead of the HB bridge.
    Check BIOS for each video card.
    Have you access to a friend’s PC to try your cards in theirs and vice versa.
    Proactive steps taken per testing methodology:
    Ensure motherboard detects both gpu/s in BIOS in their respective slot/s.
    CMOS has been cleared FIRST for EVERY STEPS taken along the way and with SECOND ATTEMPTS with CSM DISABLED AFTER repeating FIRST STEP with REPRODUCIBLE results

Have performed the following:

Disabling dips with cards in place.
    RESULTS: Each card can POST on their own.

**Physically alternate the cards in their respective slots.
    RESULTS: Both can POST individually regardless of slots. With TWO GPU's installed SWAPPED; Issue remains.

Installing two cards while omitting the SLI Bridge.
    RESULTS: Seemingly no effect on issue.

Installing two cards SWAPPED while omitting SLI Bridge

Installing two cards INCLUDING SLI Bridge.

Installing two cards SWAPPED INCLUDING SLI Bridge.

PSU cables alternated on card/s.

PSU Cables on card/s swapped with original factory issued modular cables.

**NOTABLE OBSERVATIONS: R6E demonstrates some kind of odd ***memory effect where it only remembers the first card enumerated in the PCI-E stack (AS long as it's the topmost card regardless of slot positions). This can be demonstrated by having the first card swapped with second card. Second card is unable to display POST prompts yet boots into Windows environment anyways. Partially remedied by replacing display port cable with HDMI where it then shows normal POST prompts. When swapped back to displayport cable, POST prompts as normal. Swapping second card back to first card, the observed aforementioned issue returns until remedy is reapplied on afflicted card. NVCP and various other hardware monitor still indicates GPU2 as GPU1 and vice versa.

***A SIMILAR issue has been seen on my older X99 Deluxe board (No issues on card ordering atleast. ).

UNRELATED NOTE: Can the devs look into somehow making the M.2 Enumerate as the first device? Kinda irks me that I see my uber fast 960 Pro 2TB listed as "Disk 3" in the stack on diskmanager/taskmanager. It can be temporarily remedied by disabling PCH and renabling after two reboots, Disk ordering persists until the CMOS is cleared. (I have two other disk treated as storage)

I hope this has been informative for everyone that reads, my hands are sore now and I've also contacted ASUS support and have been escalated to level 2 with a call from them tomorrow hopefully.
    Last edited by Dashwood; 11-21-2017 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Erroneous asterisk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2