New ROGer Array

g571jl rog asus keyboard backlight not working after MB replacement

Hello,

I recently had to send my motherboard in for GPU repair and since it came back the Keyboard Background lights are no longer working. I checked the ribbon cable and everything looks connected.

It appears to be hardware, because when I first turn the machine on the backlights don't come on like they usually do. I tried to reinstall the ATK drivers for the keyboard but it did not appear to make a difference. The volume and other functions keys seem to work without issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array Dreamonic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Veach View Post
    Hello,

I recently had to send my motherboard in for GPU repair and since it came back the Keyboard Background lights are no longer working. I checked the ribbon cable and everything looks connected.

It appears to be hardware, because when I first turn the machine on the backlights don't come on like they usually do. I tried to reinstall the ATK drivers for the keyboard but it did not appear to make a difference. The volume and other functions keys seem to work without issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
    Have a read here.

Super Moderator Array

We might suggest you to take your laptop to our service center again for comprehensive inspection and help you to fix the problem. Sorry for the trouble.
    The following is the contact information:
    http://www.asus.com/support/Service-...All-Countries/
    Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
    http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#

New ROGer Array

6MB BIOS image

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamonic View Post
    Have a read here.
    i followed the link you provided, but I need a 6MB BIOS image from a computer with working KB lights. Can someone please upload and send me the bios image so I can flash my bios with it?

Thanks in advance