cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS apparently lost my PG279Q monitor (My RMA Experience)

mdgadley
Level 7
Long story short, my PG279Q died after a little over a year. Called Asus and got an RMA setup and shipped it out the following day. Here is the timetable that followed:

• Sunday, October 15th - RMA Created.
  • Monday, October 16th - RMA Shipped.
  • Friday, October 20th - RMA was signed for and received (per the FedEx tracking number)

On Monday the 23rd I check on the RMA via the Asus Repair Status Inquiry website but it showed: "RMA has been created but we have not received your product. Please contact ASUS for assistance." I figured that was normal as it may take a few days for them to process it into their system. Called support just to verify that they did receive it and the gentleman said yes they did, and there was most likely a delay in the system for it to show on the website.

Fast forward a week (Monday, October 30th) and I checked the website again, it was still showing it hadn't been received. Called support and the woman couldn't find any record that it was received and she escalated the case to the repair department. She said someone would be in-touch with more information. Later that afternoon I got a call from a gentleman who was supposedly looking into the case. He wanted the tracking number from the package, which I supplied and explained the situation. He was confused at first because he thought that the monitor was already fixed and was missing on its return trip to me. After we got that sorted out he said he'd call me back the next day (Tuesday, October 31st) with more information.

I hadn't heard anything by Thursday, November 2nd and called support once again. Talked to another gentleman who supposedly escalated the case even further and said someone would be in touch within 48 hours with the elusive "more information". It's now November 6th and still have not heard anything.

It's extremely disappointing spending $750 dollars on a high-end monitor that I first had to return and play the lottery of the backlight bleed issue that has plagued this monitor, then for it to only last a little more than a year. I suppose the icing on the cake is this RMA issue, which judging by what others have posted, is also a gamble with the quality of the work being done... that is if Asus can even keep track of the returned RMA products.
1 REPLY 1

Bill
Level 7
Hello mdgadley
Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#:

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you