Level 7
Hello,

I'm hoping someone here can help me out with this. first here is my setup

Asus ROG Strix X370-f
Ryzen 1700x
32gb DDR4 - jskill ripjaws 2666
MSI GTX 980ti
corsiar h110i

so this has been happening to me a lot lately and it's really killing my work. This happens when I am exporting videos from Premiere Pro. Doesn't seem to matter if it is a 4K export or 1080p export, a 2 min or a 30 minute video. It happens more with Media Encoder than a straight export from Premiere Pro but happens with both.

what happens is essentially it looks like the monitor shuts off and my keyboard (corsair k70 lux rgb) shuts off. The computer appears to still be running, fans and lights and all. But the DRAM light on the MOBO (top right corner) is now blinking orange. and no key presses or mouse clicks will bring the monitor back on and I have to hard reset the computer.
At first I thought it was a GPU issue and was going to run out and get a new card but then I noticed the light and thought maybe it was my ram that was causing issues so I stopped overclocking the ram (it's now running at it's base speed of 2133 (even though it is rated at 2666) that seemed like it helped for about a day, but now the issue is back.
I have the latest bios installed, 1001, and all my drivers are up to date. So I just don't know.
any help would be so awesome. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

Korth
Level 14
Does the problem persist when you Clear CMOS and run everything (CPU and RAM) at stock?

Is your CPU overheating?

Have you tried bumping DRAM, VCCIO, and SA voltages?

Have you tried reseating the DIMMs?

Is your RAM on the DDR4 QVL compatibility list for your X370F mobo?

Can you test the system with different DDR4?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Does the problem persist when you Clear CMOS and run everything (CPU and RAM) at stock?

Is your CPU overheating?

Have you tried bumping DRAM, VCCIO, and SA voltages?

Have you tried reseating the DIMMs?

Is your RAM on the DDR4 QVL compatibility list for your X370F mobo?

Can you test the system with different DDR4?

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried bumping the voltages and reverting everything to their stock speeds, though haven't done an actual CMOS reset. CPU is not overheating. I will try to reseat the sticks and see if that helps and I'm guessing I should probably check out the compatibility list. lol. Thanks

Carbonicdk
Level 8
Edit: Thread was moved
You might be able to get more help if you go to the X370 boards, this is the Z370 board 😉

Carbonicdk wrote:
Edit: Thread was moved
You might be able to get more help if you go to the X370 boards, this is the Z370 board 😉

ohh woops, sorry

Have the same problem at stock with the same mobo and a 1800x and gskills c14 3000 16gbx2

Where should i follow this? Have you found a solution?

Hi,

I am also facing this issue. At random times the PC will freeze, monitor will stop receiving signal, VGA and DRAM LED both start blinking. I replaced my sticks of DRAM (since DRAM LED was on), but to no avail. I even went as far as returning the MoBo for another one, believing something was awry with the old one... same result.

Anyone has gotten around to fixing this crap? I'm desperate.

Specs follow:
ASUS ROG Strix X370-f Gaming MOBO
Ryzen 1500X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 MHz (2x8GB)
ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 11GBps
EVGA 650 B3 Power Supply

Best.

Vendepensos wrote:
Have the same problem at stock with the same mobo and a 1800x and gskills c14 3000 16gbx2

Where should i follow this? Have you found a solution?

no solution yet. Was thinking of trying some new RAM, getting a set of Corsair sticks that I know are compatible with this mobo. Also thinking of a new GPU, but I've stress tested the hell out of my 980ti and it hasn't ran into any issues, so I don't know.

so bought some new ram, made sure it was on the approved vendor list for this MOBO, still the same issue. Always and only when I'm working in Premiere or After Effects. Never a problem when playing games so buying a new GPU (strix 1070 ti to match the motherboard) and we will see if that fixes the issue.

were you able to fix this?