Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

No, it's really not (a Bluestack problem).

The AMD utility reports the same issue.
    And my screenshot shows Windows (the task manager) showing 'Virtualization: Disabled'. THAT is what I want to fix. When this is 'Enabled' and something complains, then I'm going to blame that tool.

For now, this is a CPU feature (see SO link - there's a chipset feature for IOMMU as well) that is probably, most likely, available - but disabled. And I see no way to enable it myself.

Basically: It's not Hyperthreading. It's not Bluestack (or Android dev or anything). It's a CPU feature that these cores have. I want to enable it somehow.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos PleaseEnableVeryFunny.jpg  

Last edited by darklajid; 11-10-2017 at 01:51 PM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Any luck?
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

I would shoot off a PM to cl-albert he is an Asus Employee and should be up on this newer model.
    Most of us using G7XX XX XXXX are all on Intel CPU and NVidia GPU. Virtualization is enabled or disabled in the BIOS/UEFI and Pro version of 7, 8, or 10 required to run any VM
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

Super Moderator Array

Unfortunately, we're not selling the G702ZC in the U.S. so don't have much information about it right now on my end, but it may be related to other models that we are selling here if you can help me check.

Anyway, it sounds like some kind of bios issue, so can you please tell us your bios version and the bios model that appears when running the bios EZ flash utility ?
    Guessing the G702ZC is sharing the bios file with another model if you can verify which model name appears.

Otherwise, feel free to send me a PM at cl-Albert with your serial number if there are any problems to provide that information or if you just want to discuss privately.

It's probably a good idea to also contact your local ASUS support or store if they can help at all since there may be other customers in your region reporting the same issue.

Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert; 11-11-2017 at 12:10 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    I would shoot off a PM to cl-albert he is an Asus Employee and should be up on this newer model.
    Most of us using G7XX XX XXXX are all on Intel CPU and NVidia GPU. Virtualization is enabled or disabled in the BIOS/UEFI and Pro version of 7, 8, or 10 required to run any VM
    Thank you for this. Both the suggestion and for confirming that on the Intel side of things (this is my first ROG laptop) virtualization is obviously fine!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-Albert View Post
    Unfortunately, we're not selling the G702ZC in the U.S. so don't have much information about it right now on my end, but it may be related to other models that we are selling here if you can help me check.
    Thanks a lot!

Anyway, it sounds like some kind of bios issue, so can you please tell us your bios version and the bios model that appears when running the bios EZ flash utility ?
    Guessing the G702ZC is sharing the bios file with another model if you can verify which model name appears.
    There's only one BIOS (actually EFI, no?) available for this laptop so far, version number's 300 as far as I can tell. This one here: https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Str...HelpDesk_BIOS/

The whole BIOS/EFI interface seems severely limited (even in 'advanced' mode). I wonder if this is some interim limitation ("This is a new laptop, a new hardware stack. We'll improve that in the near future") or by design.

This is what the cpuid tool says about the mainboard/chipset:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bios.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	68846

Otherwise, feel free to send me a PM at cl-Albert with your serial number if there are any problems to provide that information or if you just want to discuss privately.
    Done

It's probably a good idea to also contact your local ASUS support or store if they can help at all since there may be other customers in your region reporting the same issue.
    Did that. Received this response a couple days ago (not sure if I should follow-up/poke again): "With regards to your enquiry, we would like to inform you that we have elevated your concern/enquiry to our internal relevant department. Hence, we will revert back to you once we have received their feedback."
    I read that as "We don't know either" for now..?

Super Moderator Array

Thanks for the message/serial number, and yes just wanted to confirm your unit is using the GL702ZC bios and you have the latest 300 version.
    Not sure if there is any setting we're missing, but will let you know if there is any news.

Otherwise, it's possible we might need to wait for a newer bios to be released, but too early to know if this is the case or not.
    Yes, you may just want to follow-up on your end with ASUS support periodically as well just to let them know you are still interested and check back here as well.

New ROGer Array

Reached out to my local support again, appreciate the help here. Thanks for looking into this.

New ROGer Array

This is what my local support came back with:

Thank you for contacting ASUS Mail Support.
    My name is Nas and it is my pleasure to assist you with your enquiry.

Upon escalation, kindly be informed that the current BIOS does not have function to enable AMD-V.

We appreciate your patience and looking forward to being of service to you again. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you and have a nice day!
    Well.. Thank you "Nas". No reason to blame the poor fellow, but that is outrageously stupid on ROG/Asus' part.
    The first Ryzen based laptop. 8 cores (16 with threading)! And then they .. make it unusable. And the answer isn't helpful of course.. "The current BIOS (sic)" cannot do that? That's .. what I see as well.

It's maddening and if I'd had known this (artificial - it's not like the CPU cannot do this) limitation I wouldn't have bought this (expensive!) laptop. It takes most of the value out of this thing for me and I might need to sell it off/go buy a different laptop now. But I don't think it'll be a ROG or Asus one then. :-/

Reached out again with the obvious follow-up question: "Well .. great. Will you fix it though?"
    Not really expecting a serious answer though - I kinda doubt that the local support team has the ability to reach the people that actually decide over things like this, so I expect a "no comment" or "at this point, no plans" canned reply.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Just Curious, what does it say for the CPU with CPUZ? Is this an exact desktop Ryzen CPU part, or is it a different mobile version? I know Intel would enable/disable certain features on HQ vs HK mobile parts. Does AMD do the same?
    ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
    SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K
    RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72
    RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71
    RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast