cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with fan hub from Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 - Bios can't read fans RPM

GrzegorzN
Level 7
Hi

My configuration:
CASE - Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900
MotherBoard - Asus Maximus X Hero

In that case there are 3 fans 140m connected to fan hub with 4pins connector.
Fan hub is connected to motherboard 4pin CH_FAN3 (i have tested with CH_FAN1 and 2)
Slider on the case is at max left position.

Motherboard can't read RPM form fan hub, fans are rotating at full speed.
So i can't adjust fans by motherboard.

Anyone have similar problem with this case ?

I was trying to connect fan to the first fan port - still not working.

In manual there is a information:
The fan controller has two modes of operation.
1. Automatic operation
For this the PWM signal of the MB is used and the speed of all fans connected (PWM and 3-pin) can be adjusted automatically through the MB. In this mode the fan controller slider switch must be set to the first position “0” on the far left.
2. Manual control
When the fan controller slider switch is moved from its first position “0” to the right, the PWM signal is dropped and the fan speed can be regulated manually If the slider switch is subsequently reset to its first position “0”, the PWM signal regains automatic control of the fans.

Automatic PWM control of the fans requires cable “A” of the PCB panel (4.3) is connected to a PWM connector on your MB. Lacking such a connection the speed of the fans connected can only be regulated manually.
3 REPLIES 3

kkn
Level 14
it can be the hub, try and connect one of the fans straight on to the mobo and see if you get up enny readings then.

Hi

If i connect any fan directly to the mainboard - it works prefect and i can read RPM from it.

el_terrible
Level 8
Actually nevermind my original answer, I also seem to have the same problem, I was mixing them up..

Can't read the speed of the fans at all, but it does actually look like they can be controlled in the bios when I switch cha_fan3 to PWM and test, just cant read the RPM, but the Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 are only max 1000rpm anyways, so they should just run at max all the time, can't hear them anyways