cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q intermittent flasing

agelosLX
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I am encountering the subject issue with my monitor and I can say that I have tried almost everything with no success whatsover.

When 144hz is enabled, I am experiencing a random black flash for miliseconds during gameplay and while watching twitch. The flashes are not constant and I would say they occur once daily.

Things I have tried:

- Changed DP cable with the one from a PG278Q owned by a friend.
- Different Nvidia Drivers version
- Reset screen settings
- Different graphics card

The problem occurs when I am using DP cable. When using HDMI @ 60hz everything is fine.

It is worth mentioning that when the screen wakes up from sleep, it will flash once everytime. I noticed that the flash happens during the transition from normal mode to G-sync mode (light from white becomes red).

PC Specs: i7 4790K, Evga GTX 1080, Corsair 750W

Seeking for your advice.
2 REPLIES 2

Maverick24
Level 7
I believe i get the same thing. I too am looking for an answer for this issue. I get a random black flash for a millisecond. Its not all the time but i have seen it more while playing games.

question: are you running windows 10? I was wondering if its a windows 10 issue.

I'm using Windows 10 and the nvidia 388.13 drivers and I don't have this problem - played games for hours on end (I'm off work for the winter). The build date on the sticker on the bottom of my monitor says October 2017. I'm using the display port and cable that was supplied with the monitor on a Asus 1080GTX @144hz.