cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus X Hero (Z370) -> is there any documentation of the bios settings?

Atifan
Level 7
Hi. I am new to Asus, before I had other manufacturer.
Is there any documentation available, where the bios settings are more explained?
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
Most stuff is similar to Z270, so you can reference this: http://edgeup.asus.com/2017/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide/5/

I like many others here are at least partially versed in everything covered in that and similar guides. Why is there virtually no documentation about the handful of new to the Z370 options or an entire new menu, Memory Training Algorithms? I can't really find any info online, and haven't asked here due to the assumption that no one else knows either. The basics and simple changelogs on BIOS releases would be wonderful. Heh.

Raja
Level 13
The memory training stuff is complex. It would take an article to detail all of that and yours truly doesn't have time. Generally, I advise not to mess with the training parameters, as when you have to, it's an indicator that you're out of margin. In most cases, anything obtained by bypassing a training routine will be very conditional.

The handful of new options should be quite basic to understand if you're partially versed. Nothing complex in there. You can always ask if you're stuck. The platform is so easy to overclock I didn't bother with a new guide for it (well, time is also limited).

Atifan
Level 7
@Raja@Asus: Thx for the guide!