Hybrid View

New ROGer Array

Maximus IX Hero - Q Fan Control Not Working

Hi,

As the title states I have a Maximus IX Hero MB and the Q Fan Control works fine when setting up in the BIOS.
    Once the PC boots though the fan control for my chassis fans stops and they just run full speed.

Interestingly I have also tried Speed Fan utility and this also can't control the chassis fans....

I have flashed to the latest BIOS and tried to set manual without optimisation as I heard this can be a problem.

I have the fans from a AIO cooler connected to CPU fan slot and they seem to work as the speed changes with CPU temperature.

Any suggestion appreciated.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Do you have any utilities that might be controlling the fans on a software level?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Do you have any utilities that might be controlling the fans on a software level?
    Not until today.

I have just purchased a fan controller for my case fans now so I'm only using the bios to control the CPU fan which his connected to my AIO cooler fans.

Thanks

Moderator Array

Hi dan_ta22,

Please kindly help to check if you have installed other hardware monitor or fan control software in the system.
    If yes, unload them, and you should have your fan control back to life.

Let us know if this is not the case.

regards,