cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart Asus Rampage V extreme u3.1

Seirim
Level 7
Hello :
As the title says, I suffer from restarts. Normally occur when I play and this usually happens after having problems with the audio of my Astro a50, my friends do not listen to me and I have to go disabling the sound and enabling it (the base is new a week ago, with the previous one also happened) this reboot suffered it with the Call of duty WW2, the image freezes the sound is ripped for 3 seconds and the computer restarts remaining in the post with the code Q code 98, once unplug the usb from the Astro a50 the post follows normally and goes into windows, once inside there is no memory dump or residue in the event viewer other than the typical error of Power Kernel 41 (63) with the Call of Duty has happened to me once, with the PUBGS also had a restart but without going through the problem of microphone or USB (I understand that these restarts with this game is due to play in full screen with poorly optimized game and everything in Ultra). The restarts apart from the commented pattern does not happen to me every day that I play or maybe every week, I've spent months playing other games like Battlefield 1 without having a reboot, it's been almost 6 months without a reboot but these last months with the PUBG and the Call of Duty ww2 go 3 reboots in 2 months. Temperatures are normal when this happens. I apologize for my bad English, but it's not my language. I put my specifications:
-Asus Rampage V extreme u3.1 (
Card 3.1 is not currently installed )
-Intel i7 6850 K 3,6 ghz
-G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200 PC4-24000 16GB 2x8GB CL14
-Sli EVGA 1080 superclocked
-Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H110i GT
-Samsung 850 Evo SSD Series 500GB SATA3
-wd-black-2tb-sata3-7200rpm
-Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
- Windows 10 Fall creator update
-Bios V 3504
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Clear your CMOS and use your system at stock defaults. Don't enable XMP. See if you still get the restarts.

Thanks for your reply, the XMP profiles are not activated, and sorry for my ignorance, I understand that the Rampage V extreme has a button behind the panel of Clear Cmos, what is the correct way to make the clear Cmos? , I'm a bit of the old school ...

MikeAdu
Level 9
Just press the button on the back of the motherboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk