cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus fan noise while idle

ZeroTolerance
Level 7
Hello,

i have a weird issue with this laptop and the noise it produces. While it is idle and everything is quiet, just surfing the web, the left fan starts suddenly making a lot of noise, then stops. As soon as I do something on Windows, it starts again, keeps going, then stops. And again, again, again.. this happens all the time. It is extremely annoying because of the noise it makes in a quiet environment. Temps average 35° while idle.
Is anyone else getting this issue? How can it be fixed?
3 REPLIES 3

polsetrynet
Level 7
ZeroTolerance wrote:
Hello,

i have a weird issue with this laptop and the noise it produces. While it is idle and everything is quiet, just surfing the web, the left fan starts suddenly making a lot of noise, then stops. As soon as I do something on Windows, it starts again, keeps going, then stops. And again, again, again.. this happens all the time. It is extremely annoying because of the noise it makes in a quiet environment. Temps average 35° while idle.
Is anyone else getting this issue? How can it be fixed?

I've got the exact same problem with mine. It's like the sensors are reading the temps wrong and belive that the computer is hot and then cranks up the fan speed. All the air that flows out, is ice cold. Maybe it has something to do with faulty thermal paste?

polsetrynet wrote:
I've got the exact same problem with mine. It's like the sensors are reading the temps wrong and belive that the computer is hot and then cranks up the fan speed. All the air that flows out, is ice cold. Maybe it has something to do with faulty thermal paste?

Any updates?
Is still like this?
I noticed mine goes on max speed at idle for awhile (temps around 37C). Sometimes it ramps down, sometimes it continues for more than 10 minutes.

mhe
Level 7
Ask me about my fan noise... https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w9nr8t0ddxgha4/20180512_181324.mp4?dl=0

This is idle and the increase comes when doing stuff like opening a youtube tab on my browser. You don't want to know what happens when you run games. Very pissed off right now. Temps are fine though.