Did you mean: 

Oled Display in Motherboard: "Code 31 Check CPU"

rajpotula
Level 8
Hi All,

I had just put together an AMD Ryzen Threadripper system which consists of:

1. CPU: Ryzen Threadripper 1925x
2. Motherboard: Asus Zenith Extreme
3. RAM: 32 Gb Corsair Vengeance 3000 (16GB x 2)
4. Asus GTX 1080

I had tried to overcloak it by running the AI Suite 3. After that, my system was freezing up sometimes and then this error message: "Code 31 Check CPU" came on in the small Oled display on the motherboard. So just to be safe, I went to BIOS and reset it to defaults and the error went away.

Then I saw an option in Asus BIOS int he overcloacking section called: DOCP. I switched it on and it was fine for awhile. But now the same error code is back, but this time no system freezes.

What does the code mean? Should I be worried and stop trying to overclock?

Please do let me know. Thanks in advance 🙂

Raaj
4 REPLIES 4

IvoSilva
Level 7
Reseat the CPU

Delete "AI Suite 3" find the cleaner tool somewhere in the software forums

The AI Suite doesn't work. (it causes issues and changes values and forgets to set values sometimes when it starts up)

Cory29 wrote:
Delete "AI Suite 3" find the cleaner tool somewhere in the software forums

The AI Suite doesn't work. (it causes issues and changes values and forgets to set values sometimes when it starts up)

Sorry for the late reply and yes, I have done as you suggested. Reinstalled the OS (Windows 10 64 bit) and started fresh, without installing the AI Suite. Everything works well, for the past one month! Thanks a lot for the help. Now I am about to step off into the deep end as I am looking to upgrade my RAM to 128 GB...Let's see how that goes 🙂

Thanks again for all the help to all.

no no no !

The problem is outdated drivers.
Even those from Asus are too old.
Install Driver Easy and update to the latest.
https://www.drivereasy.com/download-free-version/