cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kraken X62 & Maximus x MOBOS

Leonidas_ee
Level 7
I have a system waiting to be built when I can purchase a maximus x code. However, this probably applies to the X Hero as well. I've seen various reports of the Kraken X62 interfering with the first RAM slot on the Maximus ix boards. And according to NZXT ANY RAM taller then 35mm. I'm building my system w/ G.Skill which has a much taller heat sink. Does anyone here have any pictures or experience building a system like this. Does it really interfere or can it be made to work. By the way I've seen pictures showing Maximus ix boards with or without issues, so not sure what to believe. Thanks
25 REPLIES 25

NickyGuns
Level 7
Leonidas_ee wrote:
I have a system waiting to be built when I can purchase a maximus x code. However, this probably applies to the X Hero as well. I've seen various reports of the Kraken X62 interfering with the first RAM slot on the Maximus ix boards. And according to NZXT ANY RAM taller then 35mm. I'm building my system w/ G.Skill which has a much taller heat sink. Does anyone here have any pictures or experience building a system like this. Does it really interfere or can it be made to work. By the way I've seen pictures showing Maximus ix boards with or without issues, so not sure what to believe. Thanks

I am running a Kraken X62 on my Asus Crosshair VI Hero. I had to mount the pump at an angle because it was covering the first ram slot. You will be able to fit it one way or another, it just might not go on completely straight. I also have the TridentZ RGB kit.

NickyGuns wrote:
I am running a Kraken X62 on my Asus Crosshair VI Hero. I had to mount the pump at an angle because it was covering the first ram slot. You will be able to fit it one way or another, it just might not go on completely straight. I also have the TridentZ RGB kit.

Well that's a bummer building an astethic system with vertical logo... sigh... joys and pains of building a system. If it becomes annoying I can always shut off the logo.

Carbonicdk
Level 8
There are worse things than a logo at a 90 degrees angle. In my case I don't find it completely bad.

Carbonicdk wrote:
There are worse things than a logo at a 90 degrees angle. In my case I don't find it completely bad.

Nice Build. Can't wait to build mine, only if the Maximus x Code finally comes out.

Hello there,

I've recently built on a Maximus X Hero, and I can confirm that DIMM_A1 slot with G.Skill RGB RAM would hit the X62's heatsink L bend on default orientation (upright, vertical);

The interference is minimal, initial RAM installation from build was working (I transferred to DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2 slots, since they are correct for the mobo configuration); there is slight contact that would make pulling out the RAM hard. Attached pictures for your reference.

All pictures are flush straight top view, so there's no misjudgement of distance from angles.

Carbonicdk wrote:

Haha! I didn't like my ram being pushed over 1/8 of an inch either.

morph_
Level 11
else go a corsair aio.

morph. wrote:
else go a corsair aio.

I was going to, however the Kraken looks so much better.

JustinThyme
Level 13
+2 for function over looks. What good is an AIO that prohibits RAM access then the manufacturer spits back to use shorter sticks? All in the name of a holographic cover?
Honestly though IMO no AIO is worth a hill of beans to actually cool a system. You want something other than a massive HSF with air thats quieter, well thats about it. I use a Corsair H115i for a test bench when Im building and doing the initial start up outside of a case because its easier but thats where it ends.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein