cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Impact VIII BIOS versions & INTEL ME FW Versions.. downgrade or upgrade Skylake

Asus11
Level 7
Hi guys

I have a few questions which I would like to know the answers of as they confuse me to say the least

I currently had Bios : 1701 for over a year & thought why not update to the latest version? Bios : 3504

updated & everything went smooth, what I noticed was this bios was giving I/O S/A way too much volts also my overclock was unstable which I disliked

so I used USB Flashback method and had 1701 back but the INTEL ME FW in the bios is still the same that came with bios : 3504

I tried flashing normally with previous Bios versions that had CPU microcode updates & tried USB Flashback & updating the within windows and the INTEL ME FW each time stayed the same with previous Bios versions 2202, 1401

The reason I tried these methods to go back to the old INTEL ME FW in the bios was because my 1701 overclock was now also not stable

what I wanted to ask was how much does INTEL ME interfere with overclocks etc ?

I heard people say that on Skylake should not update to 3 series Bios as they are really for Kabylake?

my windows Intel ME is 11.0.0.1160 - which was the chipset driver I had from ASUS

& in the bios it reported INTEL ME FW 11.0.0.168

but now the bios INTEL ME FW is something different don't remember exactly but 196 at the end, the windows INTEL ME is still the same

another concern I have is that I only updated to Bios 3504 yesterday which also updated INTEL ME FW also but few hours later I checked & ASUS have a update for the ME as it has security issues lol! just my luck

my final question is what do I do? update to the latest 11.7.0.1040? is this for the windows or bios version?

if someone has any other suggestions i.e best Intel ME in OS & best INTEL ME FW in Bios for skylake? if this is even possible

Thank you all.
16 REPLIES 16

AKBAAR
Level 9
i have ASUS IMPACT VIII

use what ASUS has in the support website.. all of it !!!

FLASH ME FIRMWARE + INSTAL LATEST ME DRIVER + LATEST BIOS

ALL IMPORTANT

AKBAAR wrote:
i have ASUS IMPACT VIII

ALL IMPORTANT

Exactly what I did. Firmware first, then the ME driver, but already had the BIOS updated.
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.

AKBAAR wrote:
i have ASUS IMPACT VIII

ALL IMPORTANT

I see ME Update tool, does that update ME firmware + latest ME driver, or is the tool just for ME Firmware ? if so what is the latest ME driver ? is it under Chipset section Management Engine Interface and a 86 MBytes file ? cheers

Daytrader wrote:
I see ME Update tool, does that update ME firmware + latest ME driver, or is the tool just for ME Firmware ? if so what is the latest ME driver ? is it under Chipset section Management Engine Interface and a 86 MBytes file ? cheers

no you have to FIRST INSTALL ME DRIVER BEFORE FLASHING!!!!

after you install Driver ... use METOOL to FLASH

AKBAAR wrote:
no you have to FIRST INSTALL ME DRIVER BEFORE FLASHING!!!!

after you install Driver ... use METOOL to FLASH

Dam i ran the ME Update tool first(it does say at bottom *We suggest you update ME Driver to the latest Version 11.7.0.1040 simultaneously.), then rebooted as it said, then ran Management Engine Interface, all seems fine, have i messed up my PC now you think ?

Daytrader wrote:
Dam i ran the ME Update tool first(it does say at bottom *We suggest you update ME Driver to the latest Version 11.7.0.1040 simultaneously.), then rebooted as it said, then ran Management Engine Interface, all seems fine, have i messed up my PC now you think ?

use this
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI/AMT) Version 11.7.0.1050 WHQL
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=3192〈=fr

AKBAAR wrote:
i have ASUS IMPACT VIII

ALL IMPORTANT

Not true, latest is not always the greatest, please don't teach this mentality, that just because something new comes out you need it.

There is a very true saying; "If It's Not Broke, Don't Fix It"!

I'm on 2202 and my system runs great, so why do I need the latest, it's RHETORICAL, no need to answer. The truth is, it depends on the NEEDS of the INDIVIDUAL!

There are so many different makers of ram, graphics cards, ssd, m2, sound cards, on and, on, and everyone's system at some point or another isn't always working with the latest and greatest!

I put the latest BIOS in two B250F boards and all they did was constantly lock up on me, nothing but problems, it's just a small point I'm trying to make which is, maybe it's better to upgrade maybe not, it really depends on the needs, and what is going on.

What's important is being educated and knowing how to deal with a situation you run into, and that doesn't mean to always run the latest updates.

By the way I'm not mad or anything... 😉

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
how. I try all and give the error. I can not use the ME TOOLL. in any way first tool and then the driver and the driver and then the tool . same error.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Daytrader
Level 11
I only updated because they fixed the FLCK, and the ME and security flaws.