cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 Left Shift Key half responsive

atenovx
Level 7
During a game the other day, I noticed that my shift key wasn't always responding when I pressed it (which is never the way you want to find out haha). Upon closer inspection I realized that the left half of the key still works, but the right side is slightly sunken in and not as responsive.

I'm just wondering if anyone here can tell me exactly what's wrong so I can move towards solution. From what I have looked up, I might have to replace the key or key board. I can replace single keys right? I haven't seen any videos of this particular model having keys replaced, but Ive seen others where they just pop em out. The Laptop is about 5 years old now, but aside from this one key, working just fine. It's a G75VW 1A model to specify.

Any pointers will be appreciated!
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yep sounds like the hinge is broken, get yourself a replacement key assembly
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for the info! Just one more quick question before I fix it. I don't have to tear apart the entire laptop to get to the key do I? Can i just replace the key while its still assembled?

Yes, follow the instruction supplied with the replacement keys, also there are several videos on You Tube, I would check out the videos then check out that key while the hinge may be the problem it could also just be that the onse side of the bottom of the hinge that connect to the keyboard is disconnected you may only need to put it back into position.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro