cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus x hero z370 and inter 750 pcie card

vaiacondios
Level 7
Hi
I had the same issue with maximum ix code z270. I changed the mobo and cpu to the current one.
I cannot get this ad in card to work in the 3 pcie slot , the 4x one
only works in the second slot, dropping the vga pcie slot 1 to 8x
I just don't understand what setting I am missing in the bios
I did change the speed to 4x the the pcie slot 3
I also have 3 drives installed on sata 1 sata 2 and sata 3 ports
surely I am not running out of pcie lines?

link to the ssd
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/gaming-enthusiast...
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
valacondios,
An Intel 750 nvme drive works fine on the bottom pcie slot. I have one on my X Hero Wifi.
I didn't have to do anything but install the drive, I did set the slot to X4 in the bios as you stated, this drive has worked on Z170, Z270, and X99 before this

Menthol wrote:
valacondios,
An Intel 750 nvme drive works fine on the bottom pcie slot. I have one on my X Hero Wifi.
I didn't have to do anything but install the drive, I did set the slot to X4 in the bios as you stated, this drive has worked on Z170, Z270, and X99 before this

Hi
only works in second pcie slot. I have tried again different settings
when it works its detected as per this screen shot slightly different than yours

what is worse, the bios seems like it detects it under advances then all the way to the bottom as per below:

I am at a loss here.

Menthol
Level 14
The difference in our screens is I don't have the Intel nvme driver installed. Do you have any other pcie card to try in slot #3 just to see if the slot works
I don't have the bios screen you show listing the Intel drive, I assume it's because I have it in slot#3

Menthol wrote:
The difference in our screens is I don't have the Intel nvme driver installed. Do you have any other pcie card to try in slot #3 just to see if the slot works
I don't have the bios screen you show listing the Intel drive, I assume it's because I have it in slot#3

don't have another pcie card

hmmm should I uninstall the intel nvme driver??

Menthol
Level 14
I don't think the driver makes a difference. The drive works but not in pcie lane #3, the very bottom slot.
I couldn't get a sound card working in a pcie X1 slot, tried every #1 slot and no go, I discovered that if I manually set the pcie slots to gen. 3 the sound card doesn't work, I switched them to auto and bingo, card works fine.
If you cannot test the slot and clr cmos, bios defaults doesn't get it working you may want to open a trouble ticket, ask about replacement from retailer or RMA.