cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Claymore - issues after latest firmware update - Resolved

n3ziniuka5
Level 7
I received my keyboard three weeks ago. It had some minor lighting issues, but the keyboard itself was working perfectly. Yesterday I updated the armoury software and firmare, the versions are:

• Armoury: 1.02.22
  • 80%: 1.08.00
  • keypad: 1.03.00

Now I am having all sorts of issues:

• I noticed the first issue when using my browser and typing in the URL. When holding down backspace, it erases characters way too quickly, it didn't behave like that previously. I suppose keys now have a shorter delay between input registrations when holding down the key. For me, this was a negative change, maybe because I need to get used to it, but I think it should be configurable.
  • It completely broke some functions in the new Call of Duty game. For example, to "cook" a grenade you have to hold the button for some time and then release it to throw. Well now I am only able to do that 1/5 times, because now even though I hold the button, the game throws the grenade, everything was working fine before the firmware update. Sprinting is also broken, I spring for half a second and then stop. I am sure other games/apps are affected as well.

The new update has game-breaking issues and needs fixes asap, or at least gives us an option to revert to previous firmware.
5 REPLIES 5

n3ziniuka5
Level 7
UPDATE:

So I was able to resolve the issues by pressing FN + F1, apparently I had an x2 repeat rate, I wan't even aware this was configurable. The change to this repeat rate happened coincidentally with the firmware upgrade. I was testing profile switching after the firmware upgrade and I probably accidentally switched to x2 rate.

^bump

Is there a way to revert the firmware?

rrswayze wrote:
^bump

Is there a way to revert the firmware?

Have you figured out a way yet. I need to do the same thing for my claymopre AND my spatha. Im thinking if you uninstall the Armoury software and install the previous version, it will come with the firmware that was out at the time. I may try this but i wanted to see if you found another way yet. Thx.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Since the Flare has similar features, check out the Repeat Acceleration in the thread below if unsure.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102043-Keys-to-the-Features-ROG-Strix-Flare

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
As the creator of the thread has already indicated, the issues existed due to the result of enabling Repeat Acceleration. The firmware did not change this function in any way. Is there any other reason for requesting to revert the firmware?