Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    ROG Centurion replacement problems.

    Hi everybody,

    I've noticed a few users on here that were having the Centurion headset replaced due to the faulty microphones and then having further issues during the replacement procedure. So my idea is to try and make a list of people that are having problems that I'll try to keep updated so either MasterC or somebody else from Asus can try and help us out.

    These issues being (so far):

    • Asus (James Asus UK) Telling users to pack EVERYTHING that the headset came with back into the box that was then collected by DHL. After you received your headset back you're now left without an Audio Station (AMP including all cables), Spare Ear cushions and Stand. Rendering the replacement useless.
    • Not Receiving the headset back at all
    • New Headset Serial number not meaning anything to support - I've been told it's wrong and I've even sent a photo as proof!
    • Replacement headset (although improved) still having some issues around 50hz - https://i.imgur.com/dTsOslq.png


    List of people having an issue and the problem they have:

    Kebrak - Has received two headsets for some reason, no AMP (not sure about ear cushions or stand?)
    Pe3ball - Has defective headset and is still waiting to hear from Asus after giving details.
    Sebastian1989101 - Has received a replacement and although improved there is noise at 50hz as seen here https://i.imgur.com/dTsOslq.png.

    If I haven't included you make a post and I'll add your name and issue.
    Last edited by Shevvie; 12-01-2017 at 07:13 PM.

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array Guyvergamingtv PC Specs
    Guyvergamingtv PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 EATX Motherboard
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5960X @4.25GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 32GB mem
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti OC edition 11GB GDDR5X
    MonitorAsus 24" x3
    CPU CoolerOCUK 360mm AIO
    CaseEnthoo Luxe Full Tower Case
    Power SupplySuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply
    Keyboard Logitec G910 Keyboard
    Mouse Razer Naga Hex V2
    Headset ROG Centurion 7.1 sound
    Mouse Pad Star Citizen large
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U Dual Band Wireless AC2400 Gigabit Router 4x4 MU-MIMO Antenna design
    Guyvergamingtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    64

    Rang support UK and they have no clue. Sent email to support like the guy on the phone suggested. Not happy at all with this level of support or information.

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    port birchwood

    Quote Originally Posted by Shevvie View Post
    Hi everybody,

    I've noticed a few users on here that were having the Centurion headset replaced due to the faulty microphones and then having further issues during the replacement procedure. So my idea is to try and make a list of people that are having problems that I'll try to keep updated so either MasterC or somebody else from Asus can try and help us out.

    These issues being (so far):

    • Asus (James Asus UK) Telling users to pack EVERYTHING that the headset came with back into the box and was then collected by DHL. After you received your headset back you're now left without an Audio Station (AMP including all cables), Spare Ear cushions and Stand. Rendering the replacement useless.
    • Not Receiving the headset back at all
    • New Headset Serial number not meaning anything to support - I've been told it's wrong and I've even sent a photo as proof!


    List of people having an issue and the problem they have:

    Shevvie - Replacement headset Received however no AMP, Spare fabric ear cushions or Stand and my Serial number means nothing to customer support.
    Guyvergamingtv - No headset at all and was also asked to send back everything.
    Kebrak - Has received two headsets for some reason, no AMP (not sure about ear cushions or stand?)
    Poo417 - Replacement headset received but no AMP, Ear Cushions, Stand.

    If I haven't included you make a post and I'll add your name and issue.

    I have a centurion helmets with serial h0 ... so I imagine the problems that it has, once to launch the latest firmware that I have published, the helmets literally unusable in 2.0 Stereo, they sound totally broken, and I do not exaggerate. the speakers had the membrane completely broken.

    Also, in no game do the back channels work. I'm from Barcelona Spain

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by toretobcnn View Post
    I have a centurion helmets with serial h0 ... so I imagine the problems that it has, once to launch the latest firmware that I have published, the helmets literally unusable in 2.0 Stereo, they sound totally broken, and I do not exaggerate. the speakers had the membrane completely broken.

    Also, in no game do the back channels work. I'm from Barcelona Spain
    Did you send your headset back to be replaced?

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    luckily seen the seen no, I stayed in the forum when they announced that it would be fixed with some updates, I made the first reference to the MCU microphone but later I realized that the rear channels were not going well, nor the subwofeer in what games and They came back to get another update and that is the one that left me totally useless helmets in 2.0. Stereo

    Seen the seen ... I will not buy anything else Asus in life, I will throw these helmets in any bin and kill my pain with some beer .... because it seems that I have no other, and seen as they are treating you by Asus ... it's very depressin

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Add me also .I have this headset with serial number starting h6 and the mic sounds like ****! I contacted MasterC and he told me that he forwarded my issue to appropriate Asus region ! It has been almost 3 weeks and no sign from anyone .Not even Masterc answers in pm . It looks like we will have to contact the retailer ,in my case Amazon thankfully . Asus support is crap! Too bad it looks like this product is so much expensive and does not fulfill its expectations!

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by Pe3ball View Post
    Add me also .I have this headset with serial number starting h6 and the mic sounds like ****! I contacted MasterC and he told me that he forwarded my issue to appropriate Asus region ! It has been almost 3 weeks and no sign from anyone .Not even Masterc answers in pm . It looks like we will have to contact the retailer ,in my case Amazon thankfully . Asus support is crap! Too bad it looks like this product is so much expensive and does not fulfill its expectations!
    I've added you. If you do send back the headset back to Asus make sure you only send the headset and keep everything else no matter what you're told. I'm gutted that I have mine back and can't use it.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    23

    Quote Originally Posted by toretobcnn View Post
    luckily seen the seen no, I stayed in the forum when they announced that it would be fixed with some updates, I made the first reference to the MCU microphone but later I realized that the rear channels were not going well, nor the subwofeer in what games and They came back to get another update and that is the one that left me totally useless helmets in 2.0. Stereo

    Seen the seen ... I will not buy anything else Asus in life, I will throw these helmets in any bin and kill my pain with some beer .... because it seems that I have no other, and seen as they are treating you by Asus ... it's very depressin
    Yeah it hasn't been a great experience to be honest. At least they acknowledged there was a problem and wanted to set things right. It just hasn't worked out very well for a variety of reasons. I didn't have my headset long enough to experience the issues you're mentioning but that's something else entirely. :\

  9. #9
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Shevvie View Post
    I've added you. If you do send back the headset back to Asus make sure you only send the headset and keep everything else no matter what you're told. I'm gutted that I have mine back and can't use it.
    I don't think Asus will help me. I contacted via phone my region Asus support and they told me that asus is not responsible for warranty and to contact the retailer (in my case Amazon ) I mentioned them that i contacted asus forum and have send my details but he was keep saying the same thing.

  10. #10
    ROG Enthusiast Array Guyvergamingtv PC Specs
    Guyvergamingtv PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 EATX Motherboard
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5960X @4.25GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 32GB mem
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti OC edition 11GB GDDR5X
    MonitorAsus 24" x3
    CPU CoolerOCUK 360mm AIO
    CaseEnthoo Luxe Full Tower Case
    Power SupplySuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply
    Keyboard Logitec G910 Keyboard
    Mouse Razer Naga Hex V2
    Headset ROG Centurion 7.1 sound
    Mouse Pad Star Citizen large
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U Dual Band Wireless AC2400 Gigabit Router 4x4 MU-MIMO Antenna design
    Guyvergamingtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    64

    i also rang the regional support to be told they dont handle it and to email support, surely the support department is all the same? ridicules the way this has gone, should have been a simple replacement and its all gone pete tong.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •