New ROGer Array

Rog G751JY laptop zero wifi

Hello, so I've had this rog about two years, so it's not under warranty anymore, a few weeks ago I started losing internet but if I used trouble shoot it would come back up, now a few days now it's not working, it does not even show a list of available wifis,

Idk what to do, I'll get these questions out of the way

Have i restarted my router? Yes

Wireless or Ethernet? Wireless

My rog fn + F2 is blue tooth hot key not wifi

I wanted to do a factory reset cause idk what else to do but that option isn't there for me idk why, is it a one time thing?

I did however try to do to a later date.....nothing

Please someone help!

Ty

New ROGer Array

Asus customer support is a serious joke I called they were of NO help, they don't even know anything about computers, I've come to the conclusion it's my wifi card so what kind do I need or are the unaversal ?

Plz someone get back to me thanks

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Hi Thuggishcoot,

Which ROG laptop do you have and what version of Windows are you running?
    Why isn't a factory reset possible?

New ROGer Array

ASUS ROG G751JY

That's the model I have, actually I did a factory reset a few hours ago, still nothing, no internet connects showing, after calling Asus
    They were not able to help me he had me download the driver and I did it isn't showing up in adapters after installing and my issue remains so is it my wifi card? If so what one do I need? Or should I go just buy a simple wifi adapter?

Thanks for replying

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thuggishcoot View Post
    ASUS ROG G751JY

That's the model I have, actually I did a factory reset a few hours ago, still nothing, no internet connects showing, after calling Asus
    They were not able to help me he had me download the driver and I did it isn't showing up in adapters after installing and my issue remains so is it my wifi card? If so what one do I need? Or should I go just buy a simple wifi adapter?

Thanks for replying
    The G751JY comes with 3 possible wireless network cards (Intel, Qualcomm, and Broadcom). Did the installation process complete properly?
    Is everything else connecting to your router okay via wireless?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    The G751JY comes with 3 possible wireless network cards (Intel, Qualcomm, and Broadcom). Did the installation process complete properly?
    Is everything else connecting to your router okay via wireless?

My PS4 and phone is connecting fine and my desktop Ethernet is fine, I have multiple cards?

Idk again they were not helpful on the phone idk what to do idk if the install worked device manager>network adapters no wifi driver in their

ROG Enthusiast Array Guyvergamingtv PC Specs
    Guyvergamingtv PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 EATX Motherboard
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 5960X @4.25GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 32GB mem
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti OC edition 11GB GDDR5X
    MonitorAsus 24" x3
    CPU CoolerOCUK 360mm AIO
    CaseEnthoo Luxe Full Tower Case
    Power SupplySuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300W Fully Modular "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply
    Keyboard Logitec G910 Keyboard
    Mouse Razer Naga Hex V2
    Headset ROG Centurion 7.1 sound
    Mouse Pad Star Citizen large
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U Dual Band Wireless AC2400 Gigabit Router 4x4 MU-MIMO Antenna design

silly question, have you accidentally hit the flying mode/turned off wifi? i do that now and then on my MSI gaming laptop.
    also have you tried it wired up? if so is the internet working as it should then?

if all of above is ok then i would suggest taking it to a pc repair place as i think the router in the laptop may have failed. specially if it was working intermittently before it died completely.