cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog G751JY laptop zero wifi

Thuggishcoot
Level 7
Hello, so I've had this rog about two years, so it's not under warranty anymore, a few weeks ago I started losing internet but if I used trouble shoot it would come back up, now a few days now it's not working, it does not even show a list of available wifis,

Idk what to do, I'll get these questions out of the way

Have i restarted my router? Yes

Wireless or Ethernet? Wireless

My rog fn + F2 is blue tooth hot key not wifi

I wanted to do a factory reset cause idk what else to do but that option isn't there for me idk why, is it a one time thing?

I did however try to do to a later date.....nothing

Please someone help!

Ty
6 REPLIES 6

Thuggishcoot
Level 7
Asus customer support is a serious joke I called they were of NO help, they don't even know anything about computers, I've come to the conclusion it's my wifi card so what kind do I need or are the unaversal ?

Plz someone get back to me thanks

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Thuggishcoot,

Which ROG laptop do you have and what version of Windows are you running?
Why isn't a factory reset possible?

ASUS ROG G751JY

That's the model I have, actually I did a factory reset a few hours ago, still nothing, no internet connects showing, after calling Asus
They were not able to help me he had me download the driver and I did it isn't showing up in adapters after installing and my issue remains so is it my wifi card? If so what one do I need? Or should I go just buy a simple wifi adapter?

Thanks for replying

Thuggishcoot wrote:
ASUS ROG G751JY

That's the model I have, actually I did a factory reset a few hours ago, still nothing, no internet connects showing, after calling Asus
They were not able to help me he had me download the driver and I did it isn't showing up in adapters after installing and my issue remains so is it my wifi card? If so what one do I need? Or should I go just buy a simple wifi adapter?

Thanks for replying

The G751JY comes with 3 possible wireless network cards (Intel, Qualcomm, and Broadcom). Did the installation process complete properly?
Is everything else connecting to your router okay via wireless?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
The G751JY comes with 3 possible wireless network cards (Intel, Qualcomm, and Broadcom). Did the installation process complete properly?
Is everything else connecting to your router okay via wireless?

My PS4 and phone is connecting fine and my desktop Ethernet is fine, I have multiple cards?

Idk again they were not helpful on the phone idk what to do idk if the install worked device manager>network adapters no wifi driver in their

Guyvergamingtv
Level 7
silly question, have you accidentally hit the flying mode/turned off wifi? i do that now and then on my MSI gaming laptop.
also have you tried it wired up? if so is the internet working as it should then?

if all of above is ok then i would suggest taking it to a pc repair place as i think the router in the laptop may have failed. specially if it was working intermittently before it died completely.