Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Solution

Good day good people

This was the first place my google searches took me when I encountered the same problem, and I see no solution was ever found.

As it happens, for some reason, the Zephyrus's audio jack has it's pole arrangement different to the standard that even they end their own headsets with.
    The adapter "for certain mobile brands" that they include works to facilitate the rearrangement & enables the use of both my HyperX & the included ROG headset for both input & output.

When you plug it in with the adapter, no realtek popup appears to ask what you've connected, it knows & treats your headset like a headset.

ROG Junior Member Array jump PC Specs
    jump PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Gaming Motherboard
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6700 Skylake Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1151 65W
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3733 (PC4 29800)
    Graphics Card #1ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme, ZT-P10700B-10P, 8GB GDDR5 IceStorm Cooling, Metal Wraparound Ca
    Graphics Card #2WISHING
    Graphics Card #3EVEN MORE WISHING
    Graphics Card #4UNREALISTIC WISHING
    MonitorMSI Optix G27C Black/Red 27" Curved FHD 1080p 1ms (MPRT) 144 Hz AMD FreeSync Gaming Monitor, 16:9 As
    Storage #1SAMSUNG 750 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-750
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow CC-9011078-WW Black Brushed Aluminum and Steel ATX Full Tower C
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 220-G2-0850-XR 80+ GOLD 850W Fully Modular EVGA ECO Mode
    Keyboard CORSAIR K70
    Mouse NAGA
    Headset TURTLE BEACH STEALTH 450
    OS 10

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLeTrump View Post
    My Logitech G231 has a 4-pole connector, and it worked fine until a couple of weeks. This headset works fine on 3 other devices (just tested with Dell, my MobilePhone and a MSI GE24), it simply refuses to work on my most expensive device, the ROG Zephyrus. When plugging in, I have to decide whether I plug headphones or a microphone. If I select mic, nothing works at all. If I select headphone, only speakers of headset are working.
    I already reinstalled drivers (recent one from Realtek and the Drivers from Asus Support site) and SonicSuite with no luck at all.

Any ideas what else can be done?
    I definitely need a working headset for business communication. At the moment, every single office noise can be heard when communication via Skype or Skype4Business as the microphone of the ROG Zephyrus is active even with my headset plugged in!

Jochen
    I bet it is the headset
    Get a good headset I had the Log 930 and went to the turtle beach 450 stealth WOW Turtle beach is 10 times better audio

New ROGer Array

Headphone Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher_za_ View Post
    Good day good people

This was the first place my google searches took me when I encountered the same problem, and I see no solution was ever found.

As it happens, for some reason, the Zephyrus's audio jack has it's pole arrangement different to the standard that even they end their own headsets with.
    The adapter "for certain mobile brands" that they include works to facilitate the rearrangement & enables the use of both my HyperX & the included ROG headset for both input & output.

When you plug it in with the adapter, no realtek popup appears to ask what you've connected, it knows & treats your headset like a headset.
    I also have had audio problems with both the speakers and headphone jack but these seem to now be solved. But my 4 pole headphone jack does not detect my mic. What adapter did you use? Where can I get one?

New ROGer Array

Same problem

Still no solution? How is that possible?

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by sergiucostin View Post
    Still no solution? How is that possible?
    As was mentioned, there are two different standards for 4-conductor headset jacks. You either need a different headset that uses the same standard or you need an adapter.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2