cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Understanding and setting IA AC / DC LLC + Z370g + 8700k

morph_
Level 11
Hello finally finished building the system and let it run in.

Overclocking adventures and stability testing will commence soon.

Seem to be running 4.8 @ 1.275 vcore fine with a setting of LLC @ 4 at this stage (mind you this is just for gaming and not benchmarking so who knows it can bsod at max load) run a few quick passes of cinebench and it didnt die yet..

Anyway been trying to get my head around

IA AC / DC LLC... all over everywhere and I have some conflicting information.

Some say put a value of 0.01
some say put a value of 1
and or 2.1

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96709-LLC-(Load-Line-Calibration)-not-working-Bios-fix-req...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97040-Looking-for-adaptive-settings-for-i7-8700k-(on-a-Asu...
and some other overclock forums.

Being cautious and conservative i'd love to find out more and how this works exactly in lamens terms if possible. I understand the concept behind LLC what is IA AC/DC llc is this based on adaptive on load or what? And what is the best setting and where does it take effect and what not?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Raja
Level 13
Start from 0.01. In adaptive and offset voltage modes, these values affect the VID the CPU requests at a given load, hence the prefix to the name. Not much more to say, really.

Crysto
Level 7
There doesn't appear to be any Having tried 0.01, 2.10 and Auto, I found only 0.01 to result in voltages remotely close to the set adaptive voltage. Does a larger number simply increase the requested voltage, is it a function of load? There's kind of a lot to say given the (understandable) caution when adjusting this setting given the enormous impact changing this setting seems to have (and how completely non-functional Auto appears to be).

Raja
Level 13
Yes, increasing the load line will increase the requested VID. Each CPU has a different VID stack.