cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+20C CPU temps on BIOS 1701

legoman
Level 7
Hey all,

I've been on BIOS 1403 for the Crosshair VI Hero w/Ryzen 1700X, with only the simple/preset OCing (gave up on tweaking awhile ago!). I had tried 1501 when it came out, but it was unstable for some unmemorable reason and I went back to 1403.

So 1701 comes out and I give it a try. At my preset CPU OC to 3800Mhz, playing a game that only pushes half the threads to 50%, I hit 84C on the CPU. I reset to stock, then decided to drop back to BIOS 1403. I can run all threads with the same OC profile on 1403, hitting only 63C on the CPU.

Support doesn't seem to understand my explanation. Anyone else notice a 20C temp spike with BIOS 1701?
4 REPLIES 4

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
No. I have been running 1700x at 4GHz on 1701 for a while. I have not once heard the fans ramp up, so I doubt I am experiencing the offset. (My fans ramp up at 65C, which is just above the sustained load temps at 4GHz.) There might not be an issue, I have found auto voltage on the C6H to push 1.5v at stock frequencies. Try manually set it to x38 multiplier, 1.40v.

As for Asus support, they may as well be non-existent. They are that useless.

sadaharu
Level 7
legoman wrote:
Hey all,

I've been on BIOS 1403 for the Crosshair VI Hero w/Ryzen 1700X, with only the simple/preset OCing (gave up on tweaking awhile ago!). I had tried 1501 when it came out, but it was unstable for some unmemorable reason and I went back to 1403.

So 1701 comes out and I give it a try. At my preset CPU OC to 3800Mhz, playing a game that only pushes half the threads to 50%, I hit 84C on the CPU. I reset to stock, then decided to drop back to BIOS 1403. I can run all threads with the same OC profile on 1403, hitting only 63C on the CPU.

Support doesn't seem to understand my explanation. Anyone else notice a 20C temp spike with BIOS 1701?

Enable Sense MI skew bro. I am seeing 3900 Mhz at 1.375 V and 1.115 Soc with 19-22 Degree on idle with 1701.

Only problem is comparing to 1403, I got lower benchmark scores. But It doesnt affect daily usage actually.

sadaharu wrote:
Enable Sense MI skew bro. I am seeing 3900 Mhz at 1.375 V and 1.115 Soc with 19-22 Degree on idle with 1701.

As a followup, it appears that the "Auto" setting for Sense MI Skew works differently for 1403 than other releases. On further testing, my idle temps with 1403 were way below room temp. Yeah, I don't think so. I switched Sense MI Skew from Auto to Disabled and the temps are inline with other BIOS releases.

Mystery solved. Thanks, sadaharu!

jbasemoine
Level 9
Not only on 1701 but on mainly eveyr bios to date there is wrong temp reading.
Normaly i would set my AIO cpu cooler to CPU controlled cooling, which work pretty well during video's, internetting etc... but not for gaming.
During gaming the tempratures SKYROCKET to 68 degrees and 1 a 3 seconds later you're back to 48 degrees, making my AIO fans spinning out of controll and change the amount of RPMS almost every 2 to 3 seconds which will drive you crazy.
So i set it to cool based on Liquid, which i more stady and gets monitored by the AIO softwaren which does a decent job!