Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by aemaet View Post
    Hey all, really thankful for all the tips that you've been posting in this thread, makes me feel I'm not so alone since I have the same exact problem. I've tried all of the solutions previously posted but nothing has worked; rolling back to RS2 with both official ASUS Nvidia drivers and the most recent one from Nvidia website, changing the power option to maximum performance, and most recently, I tried your solution @Cypher7123. I'm currently using RS3 windows and installed the latest drivers but got BSOD. Did the check disc command you pointed out but I still get the BSOD just by doing normal tasks in the PC. My only option has been to stick to the official drivers (382.53), but that implies go back to square one: the GPU is not recognized, and when I disable - reenable the video card in device manager, it does shows up in Nvidia control panel and games load, but the performance is really lousy, very low FPS with constant video lag.

I hope I can get some tips! thanks in advance guys
    Only difference is in the BSOD you get for any driver >382.53 but <390 is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, but in 390.65 you get some VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I'm also forced to be back to 382.53 drivers, after a lot of experimentation including changing TDR settings in registry. And as I type this, the nvidia driver crashed. Looks like it must go again in full heat mode of maximum performance or use Intel graphics for daily use, and reboot before gaming... that is the only solution for now.

New ROGer Array

Sort Of Solution

Quote Originally Posted by nileshgr View Post
    Only difference is in the BSOD you get for any driver >382.53 but <390 is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, but in 390.65 you get some VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I'm also forced to be back to 382.53 drivers, after a lot of experimentation including changing TDR settings in registry. And as I type this, the nvidia driver crashed. Looks like it must go again in full heat mode of maximum performance or use Intel graphics for daily use, and reboot before gaming... that is the only solution for now.
    Hey, thanks for your answer man. I did manage to get a workaround as well. For experimentation, what I did is that I setted the Nvidia option to Prefer maximum performance, and also, set the energy usage setting of the notebook to maximum performance (it appears in a form of a bar in the latest window 1709). This didn't fix the issue, because it happened to me as well that the nvidia driver crashed, but I did keep it that way . What fixed my problem and allowed me to game without having to worry that the GPU was no longer recognized, is to always keep the ASUS ROG gaming center working in the background. I found out that if I start this program before anything else boots up when I turn on the pc, it keeps tracking my GPU, and even when I do many different task, and gaming, it keeps working. I think it like an overseer. I did update the version of ASUS ROG gaming center to 2.1.3, which is the latest one available in Asus website. Those are the steps I've followed so far to partially fix the issue. I say partially because if I put the computer to sleep it will crash the Nvidia driver, even if ASUS ROG gaming center was running.

I hope this worksaround works for you or anyone else having trouble. It's not the best solution, but it's all I've got.

Peace

New ROGer Array

Sharing is caring

I'm currently using the latest nvidia driver and have version 1703 (windows) installed. It's running smooth even without setting the gpu to maximum performance, and no BSOD so far. I think the problem is with the latest version of windows, which is 1709.

New ROGer Array

Folks, an update:

I removed all NVIDIA drivers using DDU and then went to Device Manager, clicked "3D Video Controller" and let Windows install the driver from windows update automatically. It installed driver version 385.73. This driver does not cause BSOD on crash, but it was still crashing (You are not using NVIDIA GPU / frequency is -1 in ROG Gaming Center).

It seems Firefox is the culprit here, I disabled hardware acceleration for Firefox and it seems to work flawlessly now.

There's more information on Firefox crashing the driver:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/com...vidia_display/
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1412621

Windows version:

Windows 10 Pro
    Updated up to February latest KB4074588

So if you're using Firefox - try disabling hardware acceleration for Firefox.

New ROGer Array

Round 2

Hey guys,

I'm back again, while I stopped the crashes with that check disk recommendation, on startup it started to freeze for a minute or so, not sure what was freezing it so that had triggered me to re-investigate this.
    I've removed the driver in safe mode and reverted to the ASUS provided driver. V22.21.13.8253
    This returned the issues previously of programs/games not utilizing the video card, apps not detecting Direct X etc etc etc but the computer booted and was running properly.

Through some more hunting I came across a site I have since lost, but what I got out of it was to update the BIOS.
    **Edit - Found the site - Post #15
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...0ti-notebook-/

Previous version I was running was the standard 300 BIOS. Using the winFlash utility and bios upgrade 304 (latest version) from the ASUS site, this resolved EVERYTHING for me.
    https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/

-----------Disclaimer-----------
    ***********Make sure it's the right BIOS update for your computer*********** - not my fault if you install wrong bios you know how this works.

So currently sitting at Windows 10 1709
    V22.21.13.8253 VGA Driver (382 I think?)
    304 BIOS

This was done over the weekend, played some games edited some videos & photos and all is stable so far. I'll report back in a day or two after some testing at work and home but so far things are using the video card properly running off the ASUS drivers without crashes and the latest version of windows.
    Last edited by Cypher7123; 03-05-2018 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Found site link I was missing.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher7123 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm back again, while I stopped the crashes with that check disk recommendation, on startup it started to freeze for a minute or so, not sure what was freezing it so that had triggered me to re-investigate this.
    I've removed the driver in safe mode and reverted to the ASUS provided driver. V22.21.13.8253
    This returned the issues previously of programs/games not utilizing the video card, apps not detecting Direct X etc etc etc but the computer booted and was running properly.

Through some more hunting I came across a site I have since lost, but what I got out of it was to update the BIOS.
    **Edit - Found the site - Post #15
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...0ti-notebook-/

Previous version I was running was the standard 300 BIOS. Using the winFlash utility and bios upgrade 304 (latest version) from the ASUS site, this resolved EVERYTHING for me.
    https://www.asus.com/support/Download-Center/

-----------Disclaimer-----------
    ***********Make sure it's the right BIOS update for your computer*********** - not my fault if you install wrong bios you know how this works.

So currently sitting at Windows 10 1709
    V22.21.13.8253 VGA Driver (382 I think?)
    304 BIOS

This was done over the weekend, played some games edited some videos & photos and all is stable so far. I'll report back in a day or two after some testing at work and home but so far things are using the video card properly running off the ASUS drivers without crashes and the latest version of windows.
    So update after some gaming, photo/video editing, virtualization etc the system is rock solid so far, no issues at all *knock on wood*

New ROGer Array

I GOT MY FX553VD last december and i was just updating the windows and drive booster for drivers..recently came across 304 bios version.. as of now im on 391.24 and 1709 windows version and every thing is stable..should i update my bios? reading the posts about the bsod worries me!

ROG Junior Member Array

I've read on a geforce forum about a guy who has the FX553VD-FY031T , he said that he updated to the drivers and bios 306 on the asus website and had zero problems. I checked the website, but, the drivers and bios he downloaded is from the ROG gl553vd support page on the asus website. The fx553vd page only has 2017 as the latest updates like Bios 304. It worked for him though, so is it safe to try and download the updates from the ROG GL553vd page? Btw, mine is the Fx553vd-dm391t.

Here's the link to the forum: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...for-gtx-1050-/

ROG Member Array

What are the latest stable drivers for this laptop guys? I opened a topic about it but got no reply...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3