Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	69638

this is my current version of windows and nvidia driver. I've tried playing games and other stuffs that caused the BSOD for me. And so far, i think the problem with the BSOD is fixed.

New ROGer Array

Update

Quote Originally Posted by v3yst View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	69638

this is my current version of windows and nvidia driver. I've tried playing games and other stuffs that caused the BSOD for me. And so far, i think the problem with the BSOD is fixed.
    Okay, my device crashed and got the BSOD right after I posted that the latest driver is fixed the problem. So right now, I rolled back to 382.53 again.

New ROGer Array

Question Updates on this?

Hey guys, just wanted to know if there is any workaround or any solutions for this issue yet as now I'm in the same situation as described above.
    For the moment, I'll try updating the BIOS and see what happens.

Regards

Edit: Updating the BIOS worked for me. Now games recognize graphic cards for v 382.53 drivers.
    Last edited by Mustakrakish; 12-19-2017 at 12:19 AM.

New ROGer Array

The solution to this problem seems to be setting nvidia performance to "prefer max performance". Any other mode and suddenly nvidia gpu will stop working (currently on 382.53 driver with bios version 304).

Asus please fix the issue it's very annoying!

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by koeks525 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I purchased my Asus FX553VD Notebook late October 2017. I love the notebook, but it is giving me problems

After Windows updated to the Fall Creators Update 64-Bit, I cannot use any Nvidia graphics driver newer than v382.53. Installing any driver newer than the one provided on Asus's website caused the blue screen of death with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. I have updated BIOS, but I still get this blue screen crash if I install anything newer than what ASUS provides on their website. If it is not the blue screen, I get an error message about not having a display connected to an Nvidia GPU.

Attachment 68935

This is a problem because I purchased Need For Speed: Payback a few days ago. I cannot play the game because my graphics drivers are old, and I need to update. I would go download new drivers, but these all cause the blue screen of death on this notebook I have sent an email to Asus technical support.

Attachment 68934

I also tried updating my Intel Graphics driver, but this produces an error about the installer not being able to detect Intel HD graphics:

Attachment 68937

Is there anything else you guys recommend I try? I really want to play this game

Thanks.
    I have same problem did u fix it

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Usangrai View Post
    I have same problem did u fix it
    Did you try my solution - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post695341

Seems to fix the problem for me.

New ROGer Array

Fixed my issues.

I just got around the bluescreen after 390 driver.

I did a full install and removed all driver settings from 382, it did it's bluescreen thing.
    After it came back up I booted into safemode and ran
    chkdsk /r /f
    /f may or may not be needed but that's what I did.
    After rebooting it will run it's check and repairs, and then reboot again. After it came back up I was up and running with the 390 driver.
    Worked for me... hope it can help someone else.

Good luck.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher7123 View Post
    I just got around the bluescreen after 390 driver.

I did a full install and removed all driver settings from 382, it did it's bluescreen thing.
    After it came back up I booted into safemode and ran
    chkdsk /r /f
    /f may or may not be needed but that's what I did.
    After rebooting it will run it's check and repairs, and then reboot again. After it came back up I was up and running with the 390 driver.
    Worked for me... hope it can help someone else.

Good luck.
    Please monitor it for a few days and post on this thread when it works for 4-5 days without a BSOD?

New ROGer Array

It's been a couple days not 4-5, played Shadow of Mordor, edited some photos, all has been 100% stable, no BSOD.

New ROGer Array

Hey all, really thankful for all the tips that you've been posting in this thread, makes me feel I'm not so alone since I have the same exact problem. I've tried all of the solutions previously posted but nothing has worked; rolling back to RS2 with both official ASUS Nvidia drivers and the most recent one from Nvidia website, changing the power option to maximum performance, and most recently, I tried your solution @Cypher7123. I'm currently using RS3 windows and installed the latest drivers but got BSOD. Did the check disc command you pointed out but I still get the BSOD just by doing normal tasks in the PC. My only option has been to stick to the official drivers (382.53), but that implies go back to square one: the GPU is not recognized, and when I disable - reenable the video card in device manager, it does shows up in Nvidia control panel and games load, but the performance is really lousy, very low FPS with constant video lag.

I hope I can get some tips! thanks in advance guys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast