cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow performance vivobook N580VD fi038t why?

PixelDiesel
Level 7
Hello, I'm Den!
Most recently, I got a brand new Asus vivobook N580VD fi038t 4k, I transfer to a Windows laptop from MacBook Pro, and if I'm honestly a bit disappointed, I can even say more than disappointed. I do some of 3D graphics and digital drawing, the MacBook was quite suitable for simple drawing, but not for complex 3D graphics work, and besides, it burned out suddenly(his videocard), not so long ago, I used for almost 6 years.

The new model of Vivobook looks also stylish and modern like a mbp, but that's not the point, fast performance is important to me, and judging by the characteristics I expected more. 16GB of memory and iCore7 do not save the situation, maybe his SSD not very good, like Crucial which i'm used on macbook, i.e. programs with 3D graphics work well, fast render, but simple and ordinary functions make me sad. I mean just dragging a window of File Explorer or resizing them, it all happens with glitches and laggs, the same work in the browser is not so smooth, everything as it jerks is not quite pleasant for the eyes. In general, it may be worth reinstalling the system again or even moving to Windows 7, although probably it will be difficult with the drivers. What do you say?
I tried to restore the system through the standard tool, but the mud became only worse. Also downloaded fresh version Windows copy from site, and reinstalled, still problem. Really it's all from the screen of 4k? I tried to reduce the resolution to 2048x1152, and no lags and twitching, but the icons and the font are not so readable anymore.
21 REPLIES 21

xeromist
Is this with the charger connected or disconnected? Often these laptops are designed to conserve battery so they are slower when running on battery and faster when plugged in.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Is this with the charger connected or disconnected? Often these laptops are designed to conserve battery so they are slower when running on battery and faster when plugged in.

Yeah, ofc is happen when plugged AC power, without charge or become more laggy.

xeromist
Perhaps it's the Windows visual effects settings. Try this tip from Microsoft:
Microsoft wrote:
To adjust the visual effects in Windows

In the search box on the taskbar, type performance, then select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
In the Performance Options dialog box, on the Visual Effects tab, select Adjust for best performance > Apply.
Restart your PC and see if that speeds up your PC.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance

You can also try changing to a High Performance power plan:
https://www.howtogeek.com/240840/should-you-use-the-balanced-power-saver-or-high-performance-power-p...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Perhaps it's the Windows visual effects settings. Try this tip from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4002019/windows-10-improve-pc-performance

You can also try changing to a High Performance power plan:
https://www.howtogeek.com/240840/should-you-use-the-balanced-power-saver-or-high-performance-power-p...

I'm tired before method with changing performance, it's work, but it's so weird, that such a fairly strong machine is required to change the settings for normal operation. Now I'm with the mobile, tomorrow I will try other solutions. thanks in any case for the support.

PixelDiesel wrote:
I'm tired before method with changing performance, it's work, but it's so weird, that such a fairly strong machine is required to change the settings for normal operation. Now I'm with the mobile, tomorrow I will try other solutions. thanks in any case for the support.

This is because everyone wants long battery life so there are a lot of things that slow performance in order to save energy. Unfortunately it seems that these things are sometimes still slowing machines even when plugged in. I do not really understand why though.:confused:

And so it remains to wait for some updates, though it is unclear from whom? From Intel or Asus?

xeromist wrote:
This is because everyone wants long battery life so there are a lot of things that slow performance in order to save energy. Unfortunately it seems that these things are sometimes still slowing machines even when plugged in. I do not really understand why though.:confused:

Oh! Sound's so good and promising, i.e. , I should sit and just wait for the next updates?

PixelDiesel wrote:
Oh! Sound's so good and promising, i.e. , I should sit and just wait for the next updates?

I do not work for ASUS so I do not know what is coming. If the "High Performance" setting works then you should use that. When running on battery it will always be slower because hardware manufacturers prioritize battery life over performance.

xeromist wrote:
I do not work for ASUS so I do not know what is coming. If the "High Performance" setting works then you should use that. When running on battery it will always be slower because hardware manufacturers prioritize battery life over performance.

Hi! Of course, when i'm work only with plugged AC, and set High performance, but still lags.