Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 instal probleem (driver)

darkempire
Level 7
Hello guys!

I'm trying to get windows 7 on sec HDD
And windows 7 on USB stick but after instal menu it asking for (driver)
Its never happend can this couce with Bios update?

Wil be nice if someone can help 🙂
Reason for this, i want to play sims 2 but it crash on win 10.

Greatings Ben
8 REPLIES 8

Tygerion
Level 7
Use USB2 port instead of USB3 port. Problem solved... or is it?

Tygerion wrote:
Use USB2 port instead of USB3 port. Problem solved... or is it?

GOt maximus VIII extreme
And i did try all usb ports. but i think all of tham are usb 3.0/3.1

Tygerion
Level 7
Windows 7 does not support natively USB3, so that's one problem for sure. Google for Windows 7 usb installation to fix it.

Tygerion wrote:
Windows 7 does not support natively USB3, so that's one problem for sure. Google for Windows 7 usb installation to fix it.

I use now windows 7 usb 3.0 image creator
But it seems it haning on Cleaning up mount directory.

if this dont work do you have a alternative?

Greating

SlackROG
Level 10
Yep you have to slipstream in Intel USB3 drivers to your Win7 installation, then it will go.

ASUS didn't take into consideration for their tutorial when people don't have an optical drive, so it's useless if you don't have one, and I don't.

I found this online and it was easy to run the few commands to help you slipstream the drivers;

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/125921-how-to-add-drivers-manually-to-usb-drive-to-install-w...

Just download the latest USB3 drivers off of Intel to use... I don't know the link...

SlackROG wrote:
Yep you have to slipstream in Intel USB3 drivers to your Win7 installation, then it will go.

ASUS didn't take into consideration for their tutorial when people don't have an optical drive, so it's useless if you don't have one, and I don't.

I found this online and it was easy to run the few commands to help you slipstream the drivers;

https://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/125921-how-to-add-drivers-manually-to-usb-drive-to-install-w...

Just download the latest USB3 drivers off of Intel to use... I don't know the link...

That's why the ASUS EZ Installer is uploaded to the motherboard's support page for the users who don't have access to an optical drive or just don't want to slipstream the drivers manually. 🙂

Chino wrote:
That's why the ASUS EZ Installer is uploaded to the motherboard's support page for the users who don't have access to an optical drive or just don't want to slipstream the drivers manually. 🙂

Go back and read the link, you need an Asus Support Disk, the Windows DVD and an Optical drive for the Asus EZ Installer ;

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/Z170-K/DE164_100_Series_Windows_7_Setup_Guide_print.pdf?...

If you don't have the Asus Support Disk, Windows DVD and an Optical drive this is not going to work...

Method 3: Using ASUS EZ Installer
Use the ASUS EZ Installer to create a modified Windows
Requirement:
1 x ASUS support DVD
1 x Windows 7 installation DVD
1 x Working system (PC or notebook)
1 x SATA ODD

The Asus EZ Installer actually needs 2 DVD, Windows & Asus Support DVD to work from, then they install onto a USB.

This is why I posted the link I did, for people that don't have optical drives, and want to slipstream directly into USB...