cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VI destroys 2 sets of ram in 4 months!!

PcZoneExtra
Level 7
So after 2 months runing my hyperx savage 2x8gb 2 sticks become usable so i went to my computer shop for replacement.And yesterday my PC wont boot and i get code 3b, tried all things from reflashing bios pulling battery and all other things but with no luck, today again i left my PC in repair shop. This is total BS with this MOBO. Sorry Asus i will never buy another product from you. The last great product that was have is TUF p67 b2 revision.Solid rock from begining and pumping without errors for 5 years. And ofcourse cold boot is still present.
7 REPLIES 7

Chrome_N
Level 9
PcZoneExtra wrote:
So after 2 months runing my hyperx savage 2x8gb 2 sticks become usable so i went to my computer shop for replacement.And yesterday my PC wont boot and i get code 3b, tried all things from reflashing bios pulling battery and all other things but with no luck, today again i left my PC in repair shop. This is total BS with this MOBO. Sorry Asus i will never buy another product from you. The last great product that was have is TUF p67 b2 revision.Solid rock from begining and pumping without errors for 5 years. And ofcourse cold boot is still present.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Did you run the RAMs at nominal speed? By the way, Are those RAMs on the QVL? (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/C6H_C6Hwifi_DRAM_QVL_AMD7thGenA-seri...)

Chrome_N wrote:
Sorry to hear about the bad experience. Did you run the RAMs at nominal speed? By the way, Are those RAMs on the QVL? (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/C6H_C6Hwifi_DRAM_QVL_AMD7thGenA-seri...)

No is not is hyperx savage 3000mhz cl15 but is working out of the box with docp standard i cannot figure what destroys them. Both 2 sticks die on pair.

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
I talked to a guy in a PC service center a while ago who was working on a machine with a CPU that was destroying RAM. First one he'd seen.

Also, I'd try manual tuning rather than DOCP. Generally gets a better result in my experience.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
I talked to a guy in a PC service center a while ago who was working on a machine with a CPU that was destroying RAM. First one he'd seen.

Also, I'd try manual tuning rather than DOCP. Generally gets a better result in my experience.

I tryed manual but it wont budge docp is worked out ofvthe bod with out any problema 2993 MHz Voltage Constantin 1.35 v CPU is not oc so i dont get it what destroys both sticks so confused

PcZoneExtra wrote:
I tryed manual but it wont budge docp is worked out ofvthe bod with out any problema 2993 MHz Voltage Constantin 1.35 v CPU is not oc so i dont get it what destroys both sticks so confused

It also could be just a bad luck. Sometimes it just like winning the lottery, it is almost impossible if you want to win, but there are hundreds of people around the globe winning lottery each week.

PcZoneExtra
Level 7
4 sticks nad lock i dont know, tommrow i go for my pc. I got new Brando Corsair lpx 3200 cl16. Is listed i qvl so i hope it will work with problems

PcZoneExtra
Level 7
Today my pc come from repair shop. My pc turned on with some low budget RAM after testing but refuse to boot with any 3000mhz kit even lpx and hyperx on default 2133. They replaced my Cpu with new one and now is working.First set of ram still remain destroyed. Strange thing. In my whole life i never have to replace CPU in 20 years.Flashed test bios with agesa 1.0.0.7 working perfect and stable now. My ram working 2927Mhz using standard settings Hyperx Savage Cl15 16-16-16-39 CR1 with 89,5ns latency