New ROGer Array

G.Skill Trident Z RGB (4x, 8GB, DDR4-3866, DIMM 288)

Hello everybody

I did setup my rig yesterday. So with standard settings on RAM everything works fine. What is frustrating me is that I changed settings to XMP (3866) for my RAM and system did boot and works stable in Win 10...BUT: Sideeffect is that USB don‘t work anymore. Impossible to connect a device...like the whole USB bus crashed. How is this possible? Any idea? Same experiences? Thx a lot for your feedback and best

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jedimaster View Post
    Hello everybody

I did setup my rig yesterday. So with standard settings on RAM everything works fine. What is frustrating me is that I changed settings to XMP (3866) for my RAM and system did boot and works stable in Win 10...BUT: Sideeffect is that USB don‘t work anymore. Impossible to connect a device...like the whole USB bus crashed. How is this possible? Any idea? Same experiences? Thx a lot for your feedback and best
    If this only happening with XMP applied, then it points toward memory instability.You may need to tune voltages manually. Try a System Agent voltage of between 0.900 and 1.05v and VCCIO voltage of 1.05v.

Test memory stability with HCI Memtest (one instance per thread divided by 90% of available memory) http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

Also, can you post the part number of the kit.
    Last edited by Silent Scone@ASUS; 11-14-2017 at 09:21 PM.