cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fan xpert

JohnnyTimeBomb
Level 7
Is there anyway to use the fan xpert 4 without installing Ai suite 3? I am asking because I am reinstalling everything on my computer as I just got another evo 960 and went raid 0. I don't want any of the other stuff on ai suite 3.
Asus maximus hero ix
Intel 700k 5.1ghz
Evga 1080 ti sc2 hybrid 2054mhz
Corsair lppx 32gb (4x8) 3200mhz
Samsung evo 1tb nvme
Corsair H115i
Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut on cpu and gpu
Noctua industrial fans all locations radiators included
Phanteks evolv atx tempered glass version
3 REPLIES 3

R5Eandme
Level 12
I have the same question. Seems after Fall Creators Update Win10 there's trouble with certain features like DIP and I really only want to monitor and control fans.

davemon50
Level 11
It's been a while since I installed AI Suite, but I thought(?) You could choose which utilities you wanted to install with it.
Davemon50

On my R5E, the AI Suite 3 vers 1.0.1.0 install went well under Windows Fall Creators Update (whew!). There were choices on what to install among the following:

(1) Ai Charger
(2) Dual Intelligent Processors 5 (DIP5)
(3) EZ Update
(4) Push Notice
(5) System Information
(6) USB 3.1 Boost
(7) USB BIOS Flashback
(8) USB Charger+
(9) Wi-Fi Engine

I installed items 2,3,5,6,9 only.

Dual Intelligent Processors 5 is the "base" package and it bundles together FanXpert, 5-way Optimization, and other things as seen here:

the items other than DIP5 can be accessed by clicking the little panel in the upper right:

After I installed DIP5, it replaced my BIOS fan profiles with its defaults, but using FanXpert I was able to restore my fan profiles.

To me, FanXpert by itself was worth installing Ai Suite 3.. For example, here is the CPU fan profile page:

All is good for now but I dread the next major Windows update. Probably something like "Summer Anxiety Preview" or "Fall Disaster Update".