cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING - Motherboard RGB LED not working anymore

BeeDog
Level 7
Hi! First post here, so hope I don't do anything stupid. 🙂

I bought a pre-built PC the other day which uses the ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING motherboard. The first day or two, I noticed the RGB LED strip on the "shroud" (that heatsink thingy on the top left of the motherboard) was glowing nicely and switching colors. I started working in Windows as usual, and also updated the MB firmware from 0420 to 0430.

Just yesterday, I noticed the LED lights on the strip didn't glow anymore. I tried finding some settings in BIOS for this, but no dice. Also downloaded the AURA app (v1.05.25), but it only allows me to dictate the lights on the graphics card and the option "add strip".

Does anyone have any idea what might be the issue? Is it a problem in the latest BIOS version perhaps? I haven't moved around nor opened the PC case to fiddle with it, so I hope it's not HW related...

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: additionally, when I try to start AURA now I get the following crash dump every time (and the graphics card is not lit up anymore...):
4 REPLIES 4

Raja
Level 13
Aura requires an update for the FCU Windows update. Outside that, the only non-working cases I have seen are were due to the cable that connects to the shroud's LED strip being disconnected.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Aura requires an update for the FCU Windows update. Outside that, the only non-working cases I have seen are were due to the cable that connects to the shroud's LED strip being disconnected.

Good to know regarding Aura since I have FCU. Guess I'll look out for an update.

Could you perhaps give a bit more information about the loose cable? (seriously can't find anything online)

I'm not super-savvy so I'm really wary about opening up the pre-built PC and removing the shroud. Tried taking a look and it seems impossible to do without dismantling the entire thing to reach screws on the back of the MB (or at least dislodging the MB enough so that the MB connectors don't jut out from the PC case's back). Is that correct, or is it possible to remove the shroud while leaving the PC build intact?

Raja
Level 13
You'd have to remove the board from the chassis in order to take the shroud off.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
You'd have to remove the board from the chassis in order to take the shroud off.

Thanks for the help and for confirming! Too much of a hassle then in my case.