Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Vid is what you set in bios. In adaptive mode, the vid you set in bios is the vid that's applied when the cpu goes into full load state (the requested vid is affected by the ia ac and dc load lines). In manual mode, the vid you apply in bios is the always applied, regardless of the load. The llc affects the gap between vid and the actual voltage, but the trade off is overshoot. The overshoot cannot be seen without an oscilloscope.

With the llc slope changing between builds, you may need a higher Vid, but ultimately the voltage the cpu needs to be stable is still the same. You just increase the vid to get that voltage.
    can i ask what LLC you would recommend then?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

I use level 5 or 6.

ROG Member Array

I use level 5 or 6.
    Ok thanks. Do you know what amount of overshoot each of these results in?

Also, the IA XX Load Line setting, what value does Auto result in? 0?
    Last edited by dnd123; 11-28-2017 at 09:00 AM.

New ROGer Array

But why change the board my vid automatically?

I set in bios 1,360v adaptive, offset auto ia/dc 0.01*
    Then i load in windows, in idle few seconds after start vid says 1,360 ok,
    Under load linx or prime vid goes to 1,375 or 1,380

Ok i thougt i can never go under intel vid, so i changed to adaptive in Bios 1,380
    Then load windows 1,380 under load 1,395
    Where the is that offset 0,015 from?

I use llc4 ia/dc 0.01
    Bios 0505, 0802 everything the same
    I used skylake x before and there was working afaptive perfect with rampage vi, set voltage small amount above intel vid and load vid was maximum what i set in bios, but the hero x makes me crazy*

VID is not the same thing as voltage. When you factor in any resistive losses, a small offset read by software isn't anything to be concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by dnd123 View Post
    Ok thanks. Do you know what amount of overshoot each of these results in?

Also, the IA XX Load Line setting, what value does Auto result in? 0?
    1) I'd have to measure to know for sure. On most boards/platforms, I find level 5 stays within reasonable bounds.
    2) Auto is substantially higher than 0, and is affected by the SVID behavior option.

ROG Member Array

1) I'd have to measure to know for sure. On most boards/platforms, I find level 5 stays within reasonable bounds.
    2) Auto is substantially higher than 0, and is affected by the SVID behavior option.
    Ok thanks. Sorry for more questions:

reasonable ~= won't fry your CPU?
    so does SVID behaviour have any effect if you manually set IA Load Lines, eg to 0.01? ie does it affect more than just these two values?

ROG Enthusiast Array el terrible PC Specs
    el terrible PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus X Hero
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3200mhz cl14 RGB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Poseidon
    MonitorBenQ XL2546 1080p 240hz
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerEKWB Supremacy EVO
    CaseFractal Design R6 Gunmetal TG
    Power SupplyCorsair HX850 Platinum
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse Steelseries Sensei 310
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro GameDAC
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QcK Heavy
    OS Windows 10 Home

Well I put my svid behaviour to Best case scenario and now I love my temps and I also changed my ram timing thingy to Level 2 (whatever that does) and it seems to work on XMP now... and I also set my core to "sync all cores" and set it to 47x100... my cinebench score went from 1416 to 1575.. and realbench 2.56 went from 158xxx to 171xxx and my temps never go above 60c and thats just with a corsair h100i v2... im installing my EKWB custom loop tonight :-)

oh and I also set LLC to level 5
    Last edited by el terrible; 11-29-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Sorry for asking again about IA DC/AC load line settings, but I would like to be sure to understand how these options work. Is it normal, please, that increasing the impedance leads to higher voltage. My knowledge in electronics is a bit old, but as far i as remember, this setting determines the slope of the straigth line in the (I,V) diagram. The DC load line would be for steady current variation whereas the AC load line would be for transient fluctuations (sorry if those are not the exact english words, but awkward translations). So, rising the DC load line should decrease the voltage delivered for a given current request, as Vcc=Vid - R*Icc. Rising the AC load line should decrease the voltage spikes and drops when the current requested changes quickly (start and end of heavy loads typicaly). But I observe exactly the contrary, and the raising the DC load line results in higher voltage under load. Is something wrong with my motherboard, or is my understanding of load line inexact ? Maybe the logical is different for voltage regulation of a CPU that it is for the feeding of a classical non-linear circuit ?

Intel, in their datasheet, only communicates on a max impedance of 2.4 mOhms, so a 240 value in BIOS, so that the VR fits the IA characteristics. Does it mean that any value under is safe ? I found that the value advised in this forum (0.01) causes unstability, and that a setting of 1 gives a balanced voltage between idle and load with LLC on 4, for the DC load line. For the AC load line, I have no clue, should it be the same as I read in an Intel technical doc for an outdated proc gen ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

New ROGer Array

Whats your opinion*

5ghz bios 1,335v llc5 or 1,385v llc 4

I‘am scared for overshots because llc5 makes only a minimal drop on voltage
    ( 1Voltstep down maximum 2 )
    so, when i understand right it‘s the higher the drop the lesser the overshot?

*Llc4 makes 0,080v down under load

In the past many people say to me 0,060 - 0,100 is perfect drop for Oc
    Or is the overshot not so much that i must be worried.
    Because when i play games the voltage goes 1step down, so i have 1,312volt under llc5 and 1,360 under llc4*
    Last edited by Batman1982; 11-30-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast