cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pg279q should I RMA?

Danoniero
Level 7
Hi guys
I recently bought this beauty and the panel would be perfect if not one dead pixel near the center of the screen.
Thing is it doesn't bother me when I'm gaming becouse most of the times I can't see it but when I'm browsing web and do general stuff I can't stop staring at it lol.

I already spoke with customer service and they confirmed I can RMA it and get refurbished one.
My question is what is the possibility in that case of getting worse panel with annoying bleed or glow, although I have some bleeding g in mine, it's small and unless screen is pure black I can't notice it which is completely fine.
Are Asus checking the display before they ship me replacement or is it lottery like when buying brand new from retail shop?
7 REPLIES 7

_oNeg
Level 7
I wish I could explain how much I wish I didn't see this thread.

My opinion is RMA the the thing. I say that because it's one of those things where no you've seen it and you'll never be able to un-see it again lol Meaning, if it bugs you now it will bug you later so unfortunately, I would return it. Ultimately it's up to you though.

Can I ask what the build date is of that monitor and where you purchased it from though?

Appreciate it and sorry to hear about the dead pixel, very annoying.

Yes i agree once you see it it bothers you no mater what, especially for that price.
I bought It from Amazon.uk and i think i will try first returning it there for replacement as it's free and easy to arrange.
The Manufacturer Date is August 2017.
Guess i'm very unlucky or they didn't improve on QA at all.
Now just pray for decent replacement.

God why did i checked the panel so carefully now...
In total black you can spot at least 6 green sub pixels but really visible only when you stick your nose up the monitor, god now i won't stop thinking about it haha.

Aug 17???

Holy crap yeah I'm thinking of passing on this monitor. Great reviews and all but they aren't supporting this at all.

I find it ridiculous after all this time they have done virtually nothing. I was hoping that it was an old build but Aug of 2017 and still, still having these issues.

I think they have let the consumer down horribly and left the QC'ing to the buyer fully accepting us, the consumer to QC there product. That's insane to me and I really like Asus that just stinks and bad support.

I guess if you got lucky you have a crazy good IPS on your hand but with this laziness on their part to resolve this, I'm not gonna support them by buying this and playing the RMA game .

Hopefully I can find them locally so I can actually see the monitor before purchasing it but again, I can't imagine a store opening up several boxes and hooking them up until we find a good one.

Bah I really wanted this darn monitor.

I think it's a shame that they can't respond to this problem in any of the threads to reassure customers either. I don't think they care at all.

I was on the edge like you. Reading forums,reviews but I wanted it so bad I went for it hah.
I think main reason here is that they decide to use cheap IPS panel and that's probably why they just can't controll the quality much.
Although if not this pixel panel would be 10/10 becouse bleed is basically not existing so maybe they improved at least that....

Anyway I already requested exchange from Amazon should come in on Friday if they sent it tomorrow so I will keep you posted here.
Luckily Amazon is good with returns so I can play this game up to January and after that I can either RMA or refund but I really hope I'll get good one these time. Damn pixels.

Ok so it took bit longer than expected but here is an update.
I finally got my replacement today. Manufacturer date is September 2017 and I must say I'm happy I returned it couse this screen is spotless! No dead/stuck pixels. Minimal bleed, no IPS glow. It's amazing, worth the hassle!

Initially I did ask Amazon if they can check manufacturers date and send me newest one. They replied that they coming in batches and while they can't check the date, they will send me one from a newest batch so logically it should be the newest.
Happy days, Amazon is amazing with their return/replacement policy

Very cool! I really am happy that worked out for you!

Actually that's a good idea about asking Amazon for one from the latest lot.

Well there are two at Fry's so I figure I will check those out. One is on display other is boxed (which I would have them open and plug in before I commit) but hopefully both or one at least is proper. If not I might have to take a gamble with online purchase but meh really don't want to go that route.

Danoniero wrote:
Ok so it took bit longer than expected but here is an update.
I finally got my replacement today. Manufacturer date is September 2017 and I must say I'm happy I returned it couse this screen is spotless! No dead/stuck pixels. Minimal bleed, no IPS glow. It's amazing, worth the hassle!

Initially I did ask Amazon if they can check manufacturers date and send me newest one. They replied that they coming in batches and while they can't check the date, they will send me one from a newest batch so logically it should be the newest.
Happy days, Amazon is amazing with their return/replacement policy

Glad everything worked out for you, in time for the holiday season. Happy gaming!