ROG Enthusiast Array

Error on Post Code 55

I built my X399 rig in August and it has been working perfectly, I just moved the internals to a new case and when I powered everything up to test I got a post code of 55. I contacted ASUS and they tell me that this post error is related to memory. My sticks are G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ) which the 32gb version is on the QVL not 64gig. The tech told me it was not supported and was no help.

Here is what I have done so far to trouble shoot (all still get the Post 55).

1) Cleared CMOS from the back of the panel (a few times)
    2) jPulled the CMOS battery a few times and let it sit for 15+ minutes
    3) Pulled all the sticks out and tried to boot with just one in A1 and two in A1 and C1

Can you give me some other suggestions (I might but 32GB of QVL to see if that was the issue).

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

The RAM not being on the QVL is not an issue IMO. That us good quality RAM and I would not be swapping it out, it maybe it has a fault, bit all 4 sticks unlikely IMO.

When you have Code: 55 is there a text message/logo indicating what it relates to?

There are also LEDs on mobo which denote issues, see page 1-2 (18 of PDF) and pages 1-14/15 (30/31 of PDF).
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    The RAM not being on the QVL is not an issue IMO. That us good quality RAM and I would not be swapping it out, it maybe it has a fault, bit all 4 sticks unlikely IMO.

When you have Code: 55 is there a text message/logo indicating what it relates to?

There are also LEDs on mobo which denote issues, see page 1-2 (18 of PDF) and pages 1-14/15 (30/31 of PDF).
    The LED on the MB is related to Memory and the text message says POST ERROR. I bought two new sticks of RAM just to be sure (I can return them with no penalty) and tried them yesterday and I got the same message (these are on the QVL list). On the BIOS post screen I get the following error message:

PLEASE ENTER SETUP TO RECOVER BIOS SETTINGS
    USB DEVICE OVER CURRENT STAUTS DETETCTED

I cannot enter setup. I have tried every troubleshooting tip known so I am gong to have to RMA the board. It is either the board or CPU (since the memory controller is in the CPU). 15+ years of PC building and this is a first.

Here is what I did to troubleshoot:
    1) Cleared CMOS (several times)
    2) Pulled CMOS battery for an hour (several times)
    3) Booted with 1 DIM in A1 (both sets of RAM, tried each stick)
    4) Took motherboard out of the case and tried it wiith only the CPU, RAM, and PSU (nothing else)
    5) Reseated the CPU and cleared CMOS
    6) Reflashed BIOS 0801