cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix B350-F/Ryzen 5 1600 overclock help.

locmode
Level 7
Can some one give me a hand on configuring my bios please. Ive just built my first gaming pc and I want to get the most out of my equipment.
I went to youtube and watched a Pauls Hardware overclocking video but my system crashes when I try to run cenibench. any help is much appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

locmode
Level 7
lets not all jump in at once now.

really?? 310 people have viewed this and none of you can help???? wtf

locmode wrote:
really?? 310 people have viewed this and none of you can help???? wtf

We need to know your settings (In BIOS). Also there are a section here for your specific motherboard:

https://rog.asus.com/forum//showthread.php?94642-ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING-issues/page27

Reddit have great help both in AMD section and (PC help?).

Standard things to do with new setup: Update to latest (stable) BIOS (version 3401 https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/)

In Bios, set your memory to DOCP profile, if thats available, and also search google for Ryzen+your memory+timings. Then set VDDC SOC voltage to 1.1V and boot into windows and install AMD motherboard drivers (from AMD.com).

Did you get the help you needed?

dja2k
Level 8
Sorry to hijack this tread but I need help with the same setup. I have my AMD 1600 @ 4.0ghz with Corsair 3000mhz memory. I followed a YouTube video overclocking settibgs with the same setup. Problem is OCCT and Prime95 run for a while then I loose video, but no blue screen nor PC shutdown, just seems MB crashes.

Temps idle @ 29c and load @ 70c with vCore variation of 1.306-1.362. I have vCore +offset to 0.11875 in the bios.

I have memory set to 3000mhz with manual timings entered according to specs. Set ram voltage to 1.3500.

I have all power saving features disabled in Bios and also set the LLC to Medium.

What else am I missing? Windows is stable and no crashing, it's just the stress testing causing that. Thanks

dja2k wrote:
Sorry to hijack this tread but I need help with the same setup. I have my AMD 1600 @ 4.0ghz with Corsair 3000mhz memory. I followed a YouTube video overclocking settibgs with the same setup. Problem is OCCT and Prime95 run for a while then I loose video, but no blue screen nor PC shutdown, just seems MB crashes.

Temps idle @ 29c and load @ 70c with vCore variation of 1.306-1.362. I have vCore +offset to 0.11875 in the bios.

I have memory set to 3000mhz with manual timings entered according to specs. Set ram voltage to 1.3500.

I have all power saving features disabled in Bios and also set the LLC to Medium.

What else am I missing? Windows is stable and no crashing, it's just the stress testing causing that. Thanks

Hi,

Prime and OCCT are quite power intensive and not the best methods for dialling out memory instability. Firstly, you want to run them with the memory and FCLK configuration at optimised defaults. Use HCI Memtest or Karhu Ramtest to evaluate memory overclocking (XMP/DOCP).

Please note that depending on the system configuration, it's possible to degrade these CPU fairly quickly when running P95. I would recommend you evaluate CPU stability with something like Realbench.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

dja2k
Level 8
Thanks! I have a Scythe Fuma 2 Cooler and the case has 7 140mm Fans, so we are safe heatwise. I'm not new to overclocking and stress testing, this AMD one just puzzled me. Anyways I ran Realbench and passed the stress test for an hour. Gonna run Memtest next, man does that program bring back memories.

dja2k wrote:
Thanks! I have a Scythe Fuma 2 Cooler and the case has 7 140mm Fans, so we are safe heatwise. I'm not new to overclocking and stress testing, this AMD one just puzzled me. Anyways I ran Realbench and passed the stress test for an hour. Gonna run Memtest next, man does that program bring back memories.

Hello,

HCI Memtest is not Memtest86, so we are clear. Memtest86 doesn't test memory stability stringently enough to find anything past faulty modules.

https://www.hcidesign.com/memtest/
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

dja2k
Level 8
Well Realbench nor 12 instances of HCl Memtest with 1024mb settings found any errors. I didn't set DOCP, but rather kept RAM manual settings to memory specs. Maybe like you said OCCT and Prime95 were to aggressive. I've always used those for Intel CPU overclocks, maybe my AMD setup didn't Ike them.