Level 7
Hello

I installed Windows 10 Pro x64 with GPT UEFI
SSD Samsung 960 Evo
32 GB RAM
Asus Maximus 9 Code
Raid Controller, not NVMe...
Asus GTX 1080

Installed BIOS update, Lighting Kit (Cotains aura sync). I started aura sync and only the graphic is there, but I cannot controll the colors. I can only turn it off or on.

What shall I do to fix this problem?

Edit 1:
Installing gives error: asIO (2) dll ? I didn't get time to read the error.
8 REPLIES 8

Chino wrote:
Are you using the latest V1.05.25?

Yes, I am. I have also the latest BIOS firmware. I know its a setting in the BIOS, should I have Compatibility Support Module (CSM) disabled since I am full UEFI?

MikeezS wrote:
Yes, I am. I have also the latest BIOS firmware. I know its a setting in the BIOS, should I have Compatibility Support Module (CSM) disabled since I am full UEFI?

if the drivers from the Samsung 960 are install and the magician is also install. yes. CSM need to be disable in order that windows use Samsung drivers not the build in one not the generic windows one., that is a as far i understood these, but can learn more if i am wrong.

Also if check if you add it M1 or M2 make sue is x4 or PCIE. on bios to take the full benefit of the speed.

That is what i learn regarding these subject if i am wrong please correct me please.

i did have also the same problem as you. what it did was, uninstall check if light services is running. (in mine i did not fin it) restart the computer. run aura cleaner, and then install ver. 1.05.22 and restart. that work for me after 8h testing and checking from strips board lights gpu. and that small think work for me. make 3 clean install. test all scenarios. still working on other errors. but as far that goes did the job for me.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

JustinThyme
Level 13
For OP issue, the MOBO taking a vacation seems to be prevalent across multiple platforms for the V1.05.25. I got the same on a RVIE. I was instructed to uninstall and reinstall after I had stated that I did that already, MANY times across multiple BIOS revisions (every one that has been released for my board) and on a clean OS install. So Im enjoying the default scheme with no software while waiting for a new revision.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
For OP issue, the MOBO taking a vacation seems to be prevalent across multiple platforms for the V1.05.25. I got the same on a RVIE. I was instructed to uninstall and reinstall after I had stated that I did that already, MANY times across multiple BIOS revisions (every one that has been released for my board) and on a clean OS install. So Im enjoying the default scheme with no software while waiting for a new revision.

That I see. and test. Once the installation fail the LED start on default configuration even that the app was uninstall. I did load the former one and is working so far, ok. a small delay between selection but works for the mean time. even viewer does not give errors at least. Let see what will come.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I fixed it by re-installing all the drivers such as MEI. I also fixed it by disabling CSM. So I do not know what fixed it really.

I am using the LED from the motherboard, the gtx 1080 and a strip I got from amazon.

@Itzycharles
The driver for my SSD is installed and the magician too. CSM is disabled. I have my M.2 (SSD) at x4 but its on RAID not NVMe

@JustinThyme
What you mean by Vacation lol? I did a clean OS Install Windows 10 x64 latest.

Yes , just got this issue started yesterday when I installed my new graphics card strix now the aura will not detect the motherboard at all or control the lights and matter of fact you can not see the option to sync rgb strips either now and the aura version i am useing is 1.07.22 So i am not sure why ?