cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why 5.1 not working ?

graddumdum
Level 7
Could anyone get 5.1 audio this working ?
16 REPLIES 16

Neoony
Level 9
graddumdum wrote:
Could anyone get 5.1 audio this working ?

Yep I cant get 5.1 or DTS working on a windows level, with any official drivers.
Meaning that it will switch to 5.1 or DTS, but only if the source material is setting it. (example: 5.1 video/movie in MPC-HC)
Unable set it in windows sound options, but if I play some 5.1 video it will switch to it.
But thats really bad for many applications and mainly games, as most of them read settings from windows, if you cant set it manually in the game.

So I have to use unofficial unlocked driver.
Exactly this version by Alan Finote:
Alan Finote said:

@Blackcules THIS IS THE LINK:
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/DK9dQnAc/file.html

Version: 6.0.1.8158 x64 Edition

Follow the instructions:

1º - UNINSTALL YOUR REALTEK DRIVER
2º - ENABLE TEST MODE (bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON)
3º - RESTART THE COMPUTER
4º - INSTALL THE REALTEK MODDED DRIVER (NO RESTART) (DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS BEFORE INSTALLATION)
5º - INSTALL THE SOUND BLASTER XFI MB5 (ver 1.00.19) (NO RESTART)
6º - OPEN DIRECTORY "%programdata%\Creative\SoftwareLock" and execute KGAGen.exe (DISABLE YOUR ANTIVIRUS BEFORE EXECUTE THIS FILE)
7º - RESTART COMPUTER AND ENJOY THE FEATURES OF SOUND BLASTER, DDL and DTS.

From thread: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/unlocked-realtek-hd-audio-drivers-windows-7-8-10-with-dol...

Be sure to follow the instructions. You gotta disable driver signature enforcing (step 2) for it to work, as it is not officially signed and it is a custom edited version of the driver.
It will most probably get picked up as a virus (KGAGen.exe), but it should be ok. Used it for quite a few months now.
Any newer versions from that thread disabled 5.1 or DTS again, so I settled with that version (6.0.1.8158)...but it was some time since I tried.

After that you can simply set your Surround or DTS in windows.
Windows update might reinstall it from time to time.

My sound goes over S/PDIF (optical) and using Windows 10 64bit.

Good luck!
Wish it was properly fixed though.

DTS/Dolby are proprietary encoding methods. Companies such as Asus and Creative etc have to pay licensing fees to Dolby to use them. Thats why they are not included as standard on the C6H.

Really to help you solve your issue we need more info. I have setup 4.0 surround off the onboard very easily, but not 5.1. However I have managed to setup 5.1 surround off an Asus Strix Soar soundcard.

realtek high definition audio driver 6.0.1.8295
Url Onedrive Microsoft = Files and folders present on OneDrive account will never contain virus
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao-k31O1onq_gtFPkh7Nq4cmUVDmxQ

For spdif optical cable 5.1 surround dts interactive and Dolby digital live also dolby pro logic 2 shows no idea if it works.
also the drivers are signed

Steps to install
uninstall old drivers reboot
0. Run Asussetup.exe
1. message pop twice - click ok both - Just Trying to install sonic studio - and sonic radar - stop em from installing you have to do manual if you want.
2. when cmd disapear shortly after clicking ok - reboot
3. open realtek hd audio manager - click defualt tab - click the button dts and dolby a few times - Nothing Change - Reboot Again
4 step 3 will now work
enjoy

:cool:

Any source on where that one comes from?

Neoony wrote:
Any source on where that one comes from?

Dolby/DTS are not natively supported on this MBO by Asus. See earlier post. That driver package has been modified by a 3rd party to enable DTS/Dolby output. Hence why it is unsigned.

It will the drivers that Asus provides with a few config files or lines of code modified to trick the hardware and software into allowing Dolby/DTS output.

It is most likely fine to use, however I personally would not take the risk myself and buy a soundcard which natively supports Dolby/DTS as then you are not running modified drivers that have been posted by a new account that have a very real potential of containing malaware.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
Dolby/DTS are not natively supported on this MBO by Asus. See earlier post. That driver package has been modified by a 3rd party to enable DTS/Dolby output. Hence why it is unsigned.

It will the drivers that Asus provides with a few config files or lines of code modified to trick the hardware and software into allowing Dolby/DTS output.

It is most likely fine to use, however I personally would not take the risk myself and buy a soundcard which natively supports Dolby/DTS as then you are not running modified drivers that have been posted by a new account that have a very real potential of containing malaware.

yeah thats the one I posted..along with the source Iam asking about the link Lord Chunks posted xD

Neoony wrote:
yeah thats the one I posted..along with the source Iam asking about the link Lord Chunks posted xD

Likely the same. Maybe modified by someone who can sign drivers or a blend of Asus drivers and driver from a different manufacturer which pays dolby/DTS licensing fees. Either way, what I said earlier still stands.

drv.ms isn't a site I trust. I only run drivers downloaded from manufacturers websites.

unknownmiscreant wrote:
Likely the same. Maybe modified by someone who can sign drivers or a blend of Asus drivers and driver from a different manufacturer which pays dolby/DTS licensing fees. Either way, what I said earlier still stands.

drv.ms isn't a site I trust. I only run drivers downloaded from manufacturers websites.

they are quite different.
Different version and different patching system.
Edited but signed is nothing unusual with other similar drivers for this issue.

But nvm 😛

Neoony wrote:
they are quite different.
Different version and different patching system.
Edited but signed is nothing unusual with other similar drivers for this issue.

But nvm 😛

drivers are from Microsoft Update Catalog - where using the 64bit version - thye also have 32 bit
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...x?q=6.0.1.8302

link above use edge or ie