cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPUTweak Ver. 1.5.7 is up (share your experience and bugs)

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Hello to all. It come to my attention that a new version of GPUTweak Ver. 1.5.7 is available. At least from my GPU. i will install these and check back during the day. aside these picture there is no more information.

please be direct and share the experience and knowledge with all. I will uninstall the former one, check file, run cccleaner, restart and install let see what is up.:cool: NOTE: BTW that was not there yesterday. i check every day for drivers and updates. I have a ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING
Learn, Play Enjoy!
21 REPLIES 21

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Still ask the UAC prompt at startup. darm! no fix at least in my part!

I got installed. Reset, appear normaly with out ask. perfect. check aura etc to test all app is working etc.

I restart..... and UAC start to rant again!. i am doing something wrong?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Where the screen shot on 1 of 3 apps that runs the GPU Tweak. All of them are the same with exception of the name. I am going to change how windows see these and I will make the changes apply it and see what happens. I will add more info later today. Cheers!!!

Learn, Play Enjoy!

So what’s this version do besides NOT fix the UAC mess?

WowMags wrote:
So what’s this version do besides NOT fix the UAC mess?

still testing, if there is some changes under it, i have no idea what the changes are. let see what i find during the day
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
AUC is asking for make changes. and the program is already load. guys!!!! any fix for these?

Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I just destroy my os trying to fix these adn i did not make a back up.

i will make a clean install AGAIN. i was so close. but the i did something very bad.

sorry i will post again on these later the weekend end. If someone from asus see these please please fix these ASP. As far these is goes and my findings. is COM related. so is windows crap update. not asus since i destroy the some kex files i can not rebuild it. As far these is going. asus files are ok. guys please help
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
After many hours and some data and clean install 2 times. the gputweak 1.5.7.2 is impossible to remove the UTC as screen show even that the driver is signed and with clean install and some changes i made on the driver i can not remove the utc process it seams that i have to eat it every time i turn on the computer. even changing how windows see these, still appear. I run out of ideas.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I've tried too a lot of things on 1.5.6 with no success.
Maybe ASUS needs to work with Microsoft on this issue. Microsoft knows all changes made on its FCU especially about UAC and restart feature.

But how to know if ASUS is working on this issue or if ASUS take care of this thread ?

In the meanwhile I use the logon script as a workaround. That works fine for me without UAC prompt. I didn't install the new version the old one giving me all I need.

The UAC is not an issue with GPU Tweak, its an issue with Windows Fall Creators update which added a feature where if you restart or shutdown your computer through clicking start and then restart/shutdown, Windows will save whatever app is opened in its current state and re-open the apps once your computer has been restarted or turned on.

The only current by-pass I know of is using Alt+F4 on your desktop and restarting or shutting down through the window that pops up. Doing it this way will completely close whatever apps you have open and when your desktop loads again there will be no UAC prompt