cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VS Destiny 2 subpar performance

chrisafguy
Level 7
So I've been attempting to figure this out, but with no success. I've got a GL702VS laptop that is struggling to play Destiny 2 at anything above 75fps consistently. Any of the planets tend to continually drop me down to 65fps, and places like Titan and The Tower struggle to stay above 50fps. I came from an SLI 1080 desktop system, and thought the 1070 in this machine could handle this game, especially at 1080p. Is this due to the 7700HQ, or is something amiss with my hardware? I did add an NVME drive with a clean install of Windows about three weeks ago, so I ruled out Windows being a pain. Anyone have any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Bran187
Level 9
chrisafguy wrote:
So I've been attempting to figure this out, but with no success. I've got a GL702VS laptop that is struggling to play Destiny 2 at anything above 75fps consistently. Any of the planets tend to continually drop me down to 65fps, and places like Titan and The Tower struggle to stay above 50fps. I came from an SLI 1080 desktop system, and thought the 1070 in this machine could handle this game, especially at 1080p. Is this due to the 7700HQ, or is something amiss with my hardware? I did add an NVME drive with a clean install of Windows about three weeks ago, so I ruled out Windows being a pain. Anyone have any suggestions?

Without seeing your exact settings its hard to say.

The first thing that stands out as a possibility is do you have the render resolution (might be called super sampling or whatever that option is called in D2) cranked up past 100 percent?

Bran187 wrote:
Without seeing your exact settings its hard to say.

The first thing that stands out as a possibility is do you have the render resolution (might be called super sampling or whatever that option is called in D2) cranked up past 100 percent?

I do not. The problem persists regardless of what preset or custom settings I have selected. I get the same FPS in the same spot on low all the way up to highest.

chrisafguy wrote:
I do not. The problem persists regardless of what preset or custom settings I have selected. I get the same FPS in the same spot on low all the way up to highest.

That's really strange. Sorry I'm no help and best of luck mate.