Question Windows 10 1709 update triggers BSOD ... NVMe or Driver issue?

I'm having a problem with one of my PC's. I have 4 and 3 out of the 4 updated to Win10 1709 without a problem, however, one PC simply will not update and I get the following error message (not my screenshot but the exact same error message):
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...etfile/1098520

and/or this one when I used the Windows 10 Update Assistant:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z6...sDc8CWPi2d4Z71

Both errors are fairly useless as they provide NO helpful hints as to what might be triggering this - one article suggest this is a driver error but NO details on which driver. I'm not using Secure Boot, my motherboard (Asus X299 PRIME DELUXE) is updated to latest BIOS (0802).

The are MANY people reporting the exact same error after attempting to install 1709 Update:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup

and
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup

and even articles now being published regarding the problem:
    https://www.partitionwizard.com/clon...rs-update.html

Apparently Microsoft are aware of the problem, but not "fix" yet.

Anyone else manage to solve this issue without wiping their PC and starting all over from USB stick with 1709 build?

Cheers, Rob.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Superbowl PC Specs
    Superbowl PC Specs
    MotherboardPrime X-299A
    Processori7-7820X
    Memory (part number)32 GB Kingston HyperX KHX3000C15D4/8GX
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    MonitorLG 4K Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 512GB 960 Pro Nvme M.2
    Storage #2Western Digital SATA 7200 6 TB
    Power Supply1000W EVGA® SuperNOVA 80 Plus Certified PSU

The short answer is "No there is no fix".

I have had the same ongoing problem as you show here for weeks and weeks now with no fix from Microsoft. They even sent me the update through Windows Update, and I still get error 0xc00000bb. I had someone at Microsoft try to update my PC through remote assistance and they could not get past the boot up error either. I am basically losing hope in Microsoft ever coming up with a fix. I am electing to just stay with version 1703 rather than do a clean install and wipe everything clean.

You can read through this thread for lots of other comments on this continuing Microsoft problem.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...msung-NVMe-SSD

windows tries to fix/patch 1 thing but effs up 100 other things.
    thats been w10's problem since day one, with forced updates.

New ROGer Array JKaiser PC Specs
    JKaiser PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GT72VR 6RE
    MotherboardAsus Prime x299-Deluxe
    ProcessorIntel i9 7900x @ 4.8GHz Offset +0.060 Delidded / 3GHz Cache
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws IV 32GB (8GBx4) CAS15 3000MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1080Ti FE +165Mhz/+500Mhz
    Sound CardCreative SoundBlaster AE-5
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO 512GB NVMe SSD
    Storage #2Crucial BX100 500GB SSD / Intel Pro 2500 240GB SSD / 2x WD Black 4TB 128MB
    CPU CoolerEK-WB Supremecy Full Copper
    CaseCorsair 760T
    Power SupplyCoolerMaster Silent Gold Pro 1200W
    Keyboard CoolerMaster QuickFire Rapid-I
    Mouse Corsair M90
    Headset Sennheiser HD 650
    Mouse Pad Lootcrate Borderlands 2
    Headset/Speakers Creative 5.1 Inspire
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Accessory #1 EK-FC Geforce GTX FE Plexi-Nickel-Copper
    Accessory #2 2x 280mm 30FPI Koolance Full Copper Radiators
    Accessory #3 5x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC -2000 / NZXT Sentry Mix 2

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    windows tries to fix/patch 1 thing but effs up 100 other things.
    thats been w10's problem since day one, with forced updates.

Best song for this is..

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs in the code
    Take one down, patch is around. 127 little bugs in the code..

Any update? Microsoft have been aware of this issue since Oct 23rd ... one month later and I haven't heard of any "fix" yet? Microsoft online support suggested a fix would be coming "shortly".

And yes I have the 99 little bugs in the code T-shirt, I'm a software engineer (going back to DOS 1980's) and still coding to this day. But lately Microsoft have turned my passion for my career choice into "time to retire" or "time to look for completely different type of work". Microsoft's commitment to software engineers has steady declined since about 2000 (when Balmer took over) and is now at an all time low and rock bottom.

I think Microsoft are blaming us developers for NOT making their Mobile platforms successful ... reality is Microsoft just dropped the ball with poor executive management decisions (Windows 8 just yet another bad decision in a long line of bad decisions) and abandoning "new" technologies just because Apple weren't going to support Microsoft's technology. But apparently this is the fault of myself and fellow software engineers so now we're being punished with sub-par operating systems and buggy development tools like Visual Studio and forced technology closure like Silverlight (which could do so much more than HTML5 and do it faster yet was killed off).

So here I am, stuck with a PC that will not update to the latest OS. Updates that broke Visual Studio 2015 Silverlight and other web development projects, and more updates that cause CTD in many existing applications I have on my PCs. This is a future I don't want to subscribe to, it's Microsoft's failure at so many levels, my choices are go back to coding for Apple apps or retire. Was this the inevitable conclusion to Microsoft and my career? Or could things have been different from Microsoft?

Maybe I should write a book "How to kill a software engineers passion, make them work with Microsoft" ... since I started this career path from Day one on Bill Gates calendar, I have considerable experience watching the evolution of Microsoft from it's rise to it's fall.

Cheers, Rob.
    Last edited by Rob Ainscough; 11-22-2017 at 04:23 PM.

New ROGer Array

MS is hosting an AMA specifically for the Fall Creators Update. I would encourage all of you with this issue to participate and voice you concerns.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...-p/123433#M363

I've been present with similar events held by Microsoft, they unfortunately will not answer questions that are this specific. The events are more about product promotion (i.e. 1709 build release) not really intended to be "support" ... if you're lucky they may say "we'll look into it". These are NOT events that will bring about "change" or "fixes".

Cheers, Rob.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(4) SSD's - Samsung 960 & 970 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

I turned off W10 auto updates in policies thru Admin acct for 3 machines. It had been good until recently Windows still forced Creators update on one of them for no good reason, bypassing my Admin policies. I was ticked. Fortunately, knocking on wood, there have been so far no apparent issues with this machine. The other two are still holding firmly to policy, again I must knock.
    Davemon50